Oil For ARX Rinse Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I am the New Kid In Town. I have been reading and learning for a month or so. And learned much I have. I found the site through the sweedespeed website.

I have a 2001 Volvo S60 T-5 with 75,000 miles. It was raised on M1 but I now have a stash of GC Green and Gold ready to go in. However, I am about 350 miles from the end of an ARX treatment and don't want to use the GC for the rinse phase. ARX recommends dino for the rinse phase anyway. This brings me to my question. Would it be OK to use Pennzoil Platinum for the rinse phase? My car has the high pressure turbo and Volvo recommends synthetic for these engines especially for severe service. ARX states it is OK to use a GRP III synthetic for the rinse phase and as I understand it PP is a good GRP III oil. If not PP, then suggestions? Thanks.

I don't see any harm in using PP for the rinse phase. I thought they recommend dino because its cheaper and it will only be used for a very short OCI... but I'm not sure. I say just e-mail the Auto-RX people from the website and ask them. They answer quick, and they would know best.

Dino oil was recommended for seal rejuvination. Group III synthetic is also recommended, just not GIV PAO synthetics. GIII synthetics are derived from petroleum bases and should be just fine per Frank. Pennzoil Platinum is GIII after November 05 I believe.

Grp III synthetics (like PP) are fine, just extend both phases of the A-Rx treatment. In fact, new mileage recommendations will likely be coming from Frank in the near future. Check the A-Rx forum or threads here in the additive section.

And yes, PP is a very good choice. Good luck and
welcome.gif

I would recommend Supertech dino from Walmart. Cheap, and has a very simple add pack to not get in the way of ARX. I have used it for most of my ARXing. I did use PP on the second rinse phase of the jeep and the oil still came out black, so I believe that it works as well.

Thanks for all the input and the warm welcome. I think I will go ahead with the PP. I can't bring myself to use dino. We are on our 24th straight day of 95 degree + weather down here and half of those have been 100 +. I will check for new mileage recommendations too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back