Oil for 3 Machines

Ok new guy here, I've been lurking for a while but getting ready to order parts (leaking oil pressure sensor) and going to stock up on supplies. My question is, I currently run JD Turf Guard in our two mowers, John Deere x530 Tractor & Z930R, also have a 2012Kawasaki Mule I run 10-40 Kawasaki oil in. So the motors are a Kaw FS730V, Kaw 801V, and a Kaw 620V liquid cool fuel injected on the Mule. Looking for an all in one oil for the 3 machines, is Rotella t6 5w-40 the answer I'm looking for? Running the mowers mostly here in the hot dusty Kansas heat, Mule year round choring, idling, hunting etc. Or stick with what I been doing, 10-30 in the mowers 10-40 in the mule?

Just my opinion, but I think Rotella T6 5w-40 or even 15w-40 are the right oils for your local climate. I run the T6 5w-40 in my generators that might be called upon to run in temperatures anywhere from zero to 100F. The summer only lawn toys get 10w-30 M1 High Mileage for it's 3.5 HTHS. Only the snow blower gets 5w-30, the reasons being obvious. I could probably run that machine on 10w-30 since it stays in the garage when not in use. It's a shame that SPOUS doesn't publish HTHS specifications.

Can't go wrong with that choice. The engines will most likely outlast the frames they're mounted to.

Last edited:
Back