Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly
offtopic.gif

Divorce forces sale!
freak2.gif
Just kidding
grin.gif
I'm still happily married after cutting apart all these oil filters.
dunno.gif

Rather than throw these away or take up space in my garage, I would like to blind auction these away.

Now is your chance to own one of the finest oil filter collections of all times!
grin.gif

The proceeds will go towards paying for a domain and hosting for the filter study. Not trying to make money, just stopping the cash hemorrhaging.

Yes, the GitW study will have its own domain!

Here are the filters you will receive (cut apart, but parts bagged separately). Remember, these are the AC 1218 maps (except the Merc and Wix 60), so they don't include by-pass valves.

AC PF1218
AC UFP1218
AC35L
AMSOil
Baldwin
Donaldson std
Fleetguard 1218
Fram PH5
Fram TG5
Fram X2
Hastings
K & N
Mobil 1
Mercruiser
Purolator
Purolator Pure 1
STP
Super Tech
Wix 60
Wix 86

Here are the rules:

-PM me with your best bid (one only)
-Cutoff time is Sunday, May 16, 2004 midnight EST
-Minimum bid is $35 (that's the domain and hosting fee for a year)
-Shipping is included to US lower 48
patriot.gif
. Our Northern friends
canada.gif
please add $5
-payable by paypal, check, MO, CC

More rules:

-Relatives of Grease are not allowed to participate
-This post has a 1/1000 cent value
-Void where prohibited by law
-Not valid in the country of Iraq
-Not responsible for finger sheet metal cuts when you handle these puppies Seriously, most of them are pretty clean cuts with a tail pipe cutter. One or two are real hack jobs.

Until Sunday night
sleeping.gif

Can't say I personally have use for the filters, but I just wanted to say THANKS for your efforts put into the "Mercruiser" filter survey. Some threads have "must read" information -- the Mercruiser thread ranked up a few notches into the "must print" category as a way-cool reference doc.

Thanks again for all your work! I've gone back to reread parts of that filter survey probably a dozen times now.

[ May 15, 2004, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: TC ]

Thanks, TC.

I'm glad you liked and appreciated the study. No one is knocking my door down clamoring over the filters. If someone wants them for $10 including shipping, PM me. I don't want them hanging around and I feel bad about throwing away well over $100 of filters.

I think to fund the domain, I will have a $1 paypal donation button on the new study site.

The new study will be twice as good. We've got a ton more filters, all filters were re-tested with a newly calibrated machine and averaged out for one score each, better pictures, better web page, and more measurements (inside tube holes area).

Who knows, the new version of the study may even bring out KCTOM again for some more fram discussions.
grin.gif

offtopic.gif

As I was taking final pictures of the filters today my wife said, "men are really weird. What if women got together on a web forum and analyzed tampons?"
lol.gif
nono.gif

I can say "tampons" on a family board can't I?
dunno.gif
wink.gif

[ May 15, 2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Grease is the word ]

Cool -- looking forward to the new and improved survey site! Hopefully somebody will take the dissemboweled filters off your hands. But I must say, I'm very impressed that you inadverdently mixed the phrases "inside tube holes area" and "analyzed tampons" in the same post! As a big fan of Beavis & Butthead, I'm in awe...

I'll pay the $35 for first year of hosting fees. You can then use the $1 paypal thingy to collect for subsequent years and any web maintenance you need. Just throw in a honorable mention in 8pt type in an obscure outta the way place on the website.

And by the way, no need to send me the cut-up filters.
smile.gif

[ May 15, 2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: 427Z06 ]

You are a scholar and a gentleman. I will have an awknowledgement section for those that have donated filters & time on this project. I will include you there.

I'll PM you later to exchange details.

Thank you.
bowdown.gif
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back