Oil Filter Value Analysis

Latest table with one change:

Replaced the Supertech ST6607 with the Supertech MP7317 Extended Life. Walmart's website lists the ST6607 for my vehicle but at the store it is the MP7317 that is specified. This appears correct because the Supertech SKU number and filter compatibility SKUs numbers align.

1676823044663.jpg

Hello Everyone,
Below are some updates to the table:

1. Replaced the "Extended Oil Change Interval" columns with "Multiple OEM Oil Changes On Filter Life". The new columns are about Cost and Performance when doing OEM based changes multiple times using a long life filter.

2. Added the Fram Force oil filter.

3. For the Purolator Boss, I averaged the micron rating results at 99% efficiency of Purolator's testing, 25, and the test results from Ascent, 34, published on BITOG. The average micron performance is listed at 29.5

As always I welcome your questions and feedback.

1677588192376.jpg

Latest update(s) to the table;

1. Changed Motorcraft FL810A efficiency and micron rating per USCAR 36 and noted it.

View attachment 142695
I don't think the Motorcraft FL810A has a silicone ADBV. All the photos on line show a black ADBV. Motorcraft filters with a silicone ADBV show an orange rubber, and typically have an "S" in the model number.

I don't know if I am the only incompetent's one here, but I can't see the image. It doesn't zoom very far, and when I download it it sonly 96 dpi with a very low overall resolution:

1677696467176.png

Hi SC Maintenance,
No worries! Try to copy and paste it into a Word document. You'll be able to zoom in on it then.

In the meantime I'm open to recommendations of better ways for me to post this to make it easier for everyone!

Try to copy and paste it into a Word document. You'll be able to zoom in on it then.
Even if the posted jpg is saved and zoomed into, it's a bit fuzzy and hard to read. The board cuts down the size of the image when it's uploaded ... that's the issue. One way to make it better would be to host a larger file on a photo sharing website and then post a link to it.

Hi SC Maintenance,
No worries! Try to copy and paste it into a Word document. You'll be able to zoom in on it then.

In the meantime I'm open to recommendations of better ways for me to post this to make it easier for everyone!
I suggest Google Sheets to make it easy to access. Everyone will be able to zoom in/out within their browser. If your sheet is currently in excel, just upload it to google sheets and then share the link.

This is my first try at Google Sheets. The file to open is called Oil Filter Analysis. Set the zoom to 65% and it should fit your screen nicely. Give it a try and comment.

This is my first try at Google Sheets. The file to open is called Oil Filter Analysis. Set the zoom to 65% and it should fit your screen nicely. Give it a try and comment.

That link takes me to the Google Sheets site but not to your spreadsheet. In order to share it, you will need to open the spreadsheet, then go to to File_Share_Share With Others and copy the link to paste here. Thanks

Last edited:
When I added the link the spreadsheet then opens in BITOG which isn't correct so I'll keep testing.

Last edited:
Hi SC Maintenance,

Zooming is not an issue. I’ve already saved the file. Zooming in on a blurry image still leaves a blurry image.

Perfect! The sheet now appears at much higher resolution, and any changes or additional data will appear immediately.

Edit: I don't know if there is a way to paste a link where the sheet won't open directly in the browser. Regardless, this version looks great and the data are easy to read.

Last edited:
Perfect! The sheet now appears at much higher resolution, and any changes or additional data will appear immediately.

Edit: I don't know if there is a way to paste a link where the sheet won't open directly in the browser. Regardless, this version looks great and the data are easy to read.
Hi Ryan,
I just added a Bosch oil filter to the analysis and it auto updates beautifully. Many thanks for the guidance on using Google Sheets.

Question for you and others . . . should I open a new thread with this link so members don't have to go to page four to get to the link? If yes I'll take suggestions on what to title the new thread.

Hi Ryan,
I just added a Bosch oil filter to the analysis and it auto updates beautifully. Many thanks for the guidance on using Google Sheets.

Question for you and others . . . should I open a new thread with this link so members don't have to go to page four to get to the link? If yes I'll take suggestions on what to title the new thread.
Good question. Personally, I would find it helpful to have the spreadsheet in a sticky at the top of the forum. However that decision is way above me. Perhaps others will chime in with their thoughts on how best to avail the sheet.

Back