Oil filter suggestion for 2001 Acura MDX

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I know about that and I have considered information from those tests in deciding the filters I have used recently (mobil, purolator, motorcraft). However, I was wondering if I could find information about specific filters from fellow owners of the same type of vehicle who might have tried other filters and see what they felt worked best (or worst).

I know there have been a couple of different factory filters for those v6 engines, both in part number and size. I think a search in bitog would find some info.

Hi, inviting oil filter suggestions/recommendations for a 2001 Acura MDX.
What should I use ? To give you an idea these are the purolator and wix part# from their websites -

Purolator PL14459
WIX 51334

Currently I am running Motorcraft 5w20 with a motorcraft FL400 filter.
I am going to try Havoline Full Syn 5w30 next and would like to try something else for a filter.
I am interested in trying an oversize filter too.

Enough already with the Fram stuff. Just remember, it's "Fram or No Fram", you pick, but give it a rest.

quote:

Originally posted by AccordMDX:

Purolator PL14459

I believe that's a PureOne.
Would the part# for PremPlus be different though ? I was looking at that one too.

you're right. my bad. Its a FL810.
Funny thing is that the motorcraft xref chart lists this truck only starting from '02, when '01 was the first model.
Secondly, its the same filter that came up for my 4-cyl Accord too. Seems strange(to me) that a 260-hp 6-cyl and a 150-hp 4-cyl share the same filter.

Also, they suggest FL822 for the '03+ models.
I know the '03 had slight changes to the engine but nothing that could warrant a change in oil filter spec. AFAIK it was only the intake and exhaust that changed on that engine.

Does anyone know more detailed specs(or differences) on these filters - FL810 and FL822 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back