Oil Filter for '02 Subaru Impreza

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE:
"PureOne does not use better filter media because OEM filter has the same PureOne filter media... Plus, you still need the washers..."

I'm not convinced that the OEM filters use the same filter media as the PureOne. At the very least, the PureOne has more pleats. That's not to say I think the OEM filters are a bad choice by any means. I've used them in the past and will probably use them in the future as well.
As to crush washers, I switched to a Fumoto valve. Highly recommended.
http://www.fumotovalve.com/

I got sick of the darn drain bolt and the everleaking washer (I replace it every time, yet the washer does not seal when I tighten the bolt. It shifts a little and then leaks). I was convinced enough to buy a Fumoto valve today online. Thanks for the advice on those valves.

quote:

Originally posted by kansaisubaru:
I got sick of the darn drain bolt and the everleaking washer (I replace it every time, yet the washer does not seal when I tighten the bolt. It shifts a little and then leaks).

See my post above re: torque wrench.

Am I the only one who knows how to use a torque wrench? Or are the nine Subarus I've changed oil on the only ones with the magic 'no leak' drain plugs? Honestly people, it's a simple procedure that can save a lot of headaches.
BE NICE TO YOUR SUBARU!
grin.gif

Dave

quote:

Originally posted by kansaisubaru:
I got sick of the darn drain bolt and the everleaking washer (I replace it every time, yet the washer does not seal when I tighten the bolt. It shifts a little and then leaks). I was convinced enough to buy a Fumoto valve today online. Thanks for the advice on those valves.

With the old drain bolt the oil would come blasting out with so much force that not only would I get oil on my hands but when it hit the container it would splash all over everything including my clothes. Always a big mess. This valve completely eliminates that.

Harrydog,
Your claim is EXACTLY why I am looking foward to seeing my Fumoto in the mail box soon. Every oil change used to splatter me with oil all over my shirt.

quote:

Originally posted by Eddie:
The email I received from Pureolator states that the PL14460 HAS an anti drain back valve.

Eddie,
All I know is, I can plainly see the ADBV on the PureOne filter I use for my wife's Toyota (can't remember the Purolator number) but it's not there on any of the PL14460's I use on my Subaru. The box that the PL14460 comes in shows a picture of the filter that has the ADBV, but the filter itself does not have it. Keep in mind, the Purolator people who answer emails probably know less about the filters than you do. They're just reading what's in the company literature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back