oil filter experts - 2007 Toyota Yaris

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've got a question... on my yaris i normally use the application listing oil filters, be it fram, wix, etc. my latest order from RA i received an Ultra Power 51394 oil filter. this filter is larger in height and diameter than the normal wix 51394. under the Ultra Power label, the filter is actually a Sure Filter SFO 2821A and also has the Fram PH2951 cross reference on it as well...

talking with RA, they say it will fit... I need a Wix 51394, and if you look on the Fram site a PH2951 also crosses to a Wix 51394, even though its a larger filter...

Here are specs, provided the filter physically has the room on the engine, will it work!?

WHAT I NEED:
Part Number: Wix 51394
UPC Number: 765809513945
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Cellulose
Height: 76mm
Outer Diameter Top: 68mm
Base Gasket O.D.: 63mm
Base Gasket I.D.: 55mm
Thread Size: 3/4-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8-11
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Beta Ratio: 2/20=6/20
Burst Pressure-PSI: 400
Max Flow Rate: 7-9 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 21

WHAT I HAVE:

Sure # : SFO 2821A
Filter Type : Oil Filter
Filter Function : Full Flow
Model : Spin-On
Height (mm) : 85mm
Diameter (mm) : 76mm
Thread Size : 3/4-16 UNF-2B
Gasket ID : 51.2 mm
Gasket OD : 60.2 mm
Volume (m3) : 0.01

Fram PH2951
Anti-Drainback Valve YES
Base Gasket I.D. 54mm
Base Gasket O.D. 61.5mm
Base Gasket Thickness 5.2mm
By-Pass Valve Setting 12
Height 85.3mm
Outside Diameter 76.6mm
Inside Diameter 3/4-16 Th'd
Style 1
Turning Specification 3/4-1

Don't know the bypass setting of the one you got, but should be fine. All else looks good as long as it physically fits the space.

Gasket ID reads a tad small on the SFO . Can you measure the engine filter mounting ID to insure the filter gasket ID is a tad bit (~1mm) larger than the mounting boss flange ID?

The filter is very important. More chance you have filter problems than oil formulation problems.
It shouldn't be but it is.

It looks like it will work without much time spent reseraching, but the better filter to use is the toyota 90915-YZZF1 or equivalent, its longer. Only know that number because I've installed a few thousand of them in my day.

Last edited:
I've never heard of Fram's 2951!

The longer Wix 57145 (Fram 4386) is a popular retrofit in cars that use a shorty filter like yours.

I have an 07 Prius that has the same series of engine. The filter they sent you is too wide. It may fit in the space and have the same thread, but Toyota knows more than RA about what should be used. There is a space it goes into and the wider one will be closer to other things, a lot closer. The correct diameter filter is 65mm. The 76mm you got is even wider than the Toyota filter for the v6 Camry which is 74mm.

The longer type like Fram XG4386 versus the short XG4967, as already stated, is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back