Oil filter change NIGHTMARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the members here that use the same filter for multiple OCI's can repair this filter and WILL use it again!
crackmeup2.gif

I had the same problem on a Dodge spirit I bought used,I used a cup end ,a strap wrench ,a screwdriver and then had to drive into town and bought a large pliers type tool and had to put a lot of strength into it.(really liked that car but 2 headgaskets in 5 months caused it to get parked).Another annoyance is when using a cup type filter socket wrench you get under the car and find your socket does not have the right number of sides/flats on it as the filter.

Quote:
I bet the members here that use the same filter for multiple OCI's can repair this filter and WILL use it again!

Nah.

Best practice when using a filter twice (or more) is just to leave the filter in place anyway. And as can be seen with using the Ultra XG3614 I posted HERE, it works out great that way. No worries whatsoever.

However unlike the FU, even if undamaged the OP's Champ PH820 being a jobber tier ecore wouldn't lend itself well to being run twice.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Quote:

Nah.

Best practice when using a filter twice (or more) is just to leave the filter in place anyway. And as can be seen with using the Ultra XG3614 I posted HERE, it works out great that way. No worries whatsoever.

However unlike the FU, even if undamaged the OP's Champ PH820 being a jobber tier ecore wouldn't lend itself well to being run twice.

Or more? OMG, once is enough! Or more...........SMH!
2cmnt6v.jpg

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Quote:

Nah.

Or more? OMG, once is enough...IMO....

Corrected/edited that for you. Once upon a time 3k mile oci's with 10w30 used to be accepted standard practice too. For the majority of bitog members now, not so much. New paradigms emerge, an open mind to them shows a willingness to learn and grow. It also involves critical thinking skills. All things considered a very good thing at all stages of life.

And back to topic, the suggestion of reusing (even very sarcastically) a 3-5k mile rated topic ecore wouldn't be best practice, optimal, or very practical. For 15k miles rated Ultra or similar tier, a completely different matter. And certainly an option for many with an open mind and a willingness to expand their horizons.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Quote:

Nah.

Or more? OMG, once is enough...IMO....

Corrected/edited that for you. Once upon a time 3k mile oci's with 10w30 used to be accepted standard practice too. For majority bitog members now, not so much. New paradigms emerge, an open mind to them shows a willingness to learn and grow. It also involves critical thinking skills. All things considered a very good thing at all stages of life.

And back to topic, the suggestion of reusing (even very sarcastically) a 3-5k mile rated topic ecore wouldn't be best practice, optimal, or very practical. For 15k miles rated Ultra or similar tier, a completely different matter. And certainly an option for many with an open mind and a willingness to expand their horizons.

My expanded horizons are to use an oil filter ONCE. Oh, and if the mood hits me just right, 3-5K OCI's are not out of the Q?
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back