Oil extreme products

I emailed the company and asked them if it is recommended for diesel use.
Answer back--
It is exceptionally great for the Diesel and has been used for over 30 years on diesels. We hear comments like less noise, less vibration, lower operating temperatures, more miles per tankful of diesel fuel, but the best comments come from the guys that are doing oil sample testing and report that they are seeing less than half of the wear particulates expressed in parts per million (ppm) and that they were seeing before using Oil Extreme. The Oil Extreme will allow you to keep a higher TBN Rating throughout the long drain intervals as well. In most cases you will have a higher TBN Rating on your waste oil than any other brand of new oil right off the shelf. This is a great product for diesels for sure.

Less noise, less vibration and lower operating temperatures from an oil additive? That’s amazing.

Testimonials are a powerful source of confirmation.

Anyone have experience with this company's products ?
David Vizard (renowned engine builder) is a big believer.
Engine builders often team up with various third party additive companies to promote their products in exchange for certain benefits, so don't become impressed just because some engine builder promotes a certain product.

"Calcium Petroleum Sulfonate is already used as an alkaline reserve in all motor oil additive packages.
Oil Extreme’s™ brilliant chemist [?] has developed a revolutionary new way of manipulating the molecules of Calcium Petroleum Sulfonate so he could “overbase”, or add excess amounts to the Oil Extreme™ additive package booster. Under heat and pressure this excess Calcium Petroleum Sulfonate forms an extremely hard tribochemical film that fills the asperities of an engine’s metal surfaces.
Oil Extreme™ has an unheard of TBN (Total Base Number) of 320. Motor oil and other additives have a TBN of less than 10. By adding just 1 ounce of Oil Extreme™ to each quart of your regular petroleum or synthetic oil you can now safely extend drain intervals two to three times. You’ll also achieve extremely high levels of corrosion resistance, and because of its unique detergent properties keep the inside of your engine spotless. Plus you will get 3 to 5% better gas mileage, 5 to 7 extra horsepower, more torque, cuts wear at least 50%, extends drain intervals two to three times, and reduces harmful emissions 50%."

Of course none of these assertions have any documentation from ASTM and other industry standard tests to support these claims. Overbased CaS of greater then 320 is NOT, I repeat, "unheard of."

Fluid overbased calcium sulfonate is a colloidal dispersion of inverse micelles formed by amorphous CaCO3 in oil stabilized by a surfactant. The term overbased is used to describe the excess of metal (Ca) over that required to neutralize the sulfonic acid.

I can acquire Calcium Sulphonate's with virgin TBNs of from 50 to 400. For example, the dark brown liquid
VANchem® CS 400 has a virgin TBN of 400 so I don't need to have a brilliant chemist change my CaS molecules. 😂

Whoopie!

Last edited:
whole site looks like giant scam.

BETTER THAN SYN ONLY 2 OZ NEEDED BLAH BLAH BLAH.

NOW WITH ADDITIVES NO ONE ELSE USES..!!!>1.1.1..1!!! ZOMGASGASB BUY NOW
Well you are actually arguing against a dyno (which seems kind of rather sad) - but I'm sure you did extensive testing on that product yourself for making such a bold statement.
Would you care to share your results with us?

For some strange reason those, that have zero practical experience with a product, have always the strongest opinion.

Every oil brand and oil product looks like a scam. Your vehicle brand is a scam. So are all the options. Your clothes are a scam. Your sneakers are a scam. All your home appliances are a scam. Your food, especially take-out and drivethru, is a scam. Big deal..... as I am drinking a bottle of scam water with a fancy label, and typing on a RogStrix laptop scam, using my $11/month cable broadband scam, with some scam NSAID's to allow me to type without carpel tunnel or a rheumatism.

This is consumerism. Live it and enjoy it. I am using scam motor oil, scam ATF, scam antifreeze, scam oil filters, scam toptier fuel, scam PEA fuel system cleaners, and scam MT fluids here. The rebates and clearance scams are the best.

Not all of us want to buy a drum barrel, tote, or tanker full of 'whatever product'. Capitalism works when someone does and pours it into smaller bottles for us to buy, at whatever profit margin the person wants. Whether you believe in scam marketing or not is for you to decide.

Its a TBN booster. Who needs it? and why? Are there some secondary detergent/dispersant or AW benefits at higher dosages? or maybe a massive uptick in LSPI events on those pathetically engineering GDI and TGDI engines? Find out for yourself. How much will a theta2 take before a rod exits the side of the block, or a piston breaks?

...Its a TBN booster. Who needs it? and why? Are there some secondary detergent/dispersant or AW benefits at higher dosages? or maybe a massive uptick in LSPI events on those pathetically engineering GDI and TGDI engines?...
Why would you need a TBN booster AND not also need an anti-oxidant booster, a metals inhibitor booster, an anti-wear booster, a dispersant booster, a friction modifier booster, etc., etc., when an oil change will boost and refresh all of the above?

Last edited:
Engine builders often team up with various third party additive companies to promote their products in exchange for certain benefits, so don't become impressed just because some engine builder promotes a certain product.

"Calcium Petroleum Sulfonate is already used as an alkaline reserve in all motor oil additive packages.
Oil Extreme’s™ brilliant chemist [?] has developed a revolutionary new way of manipulating the molecules of Calcium Petroleum Sulfonate so he could “overbase”, or add excess amounts to the Oil Extreme™ additive package booster. Under heat and pressure this excess Calcium Petroleum Sulfonate forms an extremely hard tribochemical film that fills the asperities of an engine’s metal surfaces.
Oil Extreme™ has an unheard of TBN (Total Base Number) of 320. Motor oil and other additives have a TBN of less than 10. By adding just 1 ounce of Oil Extreme™ to each quart of your regular petroleum or synthetic oil you can now safely extend drain intervals two to three times. You’ll also achieve extremely high levels of corrosion resistance, and because of its unique detergent properties keep the inside of your engine spotless. Plus you will get 3 to 5% better gas mileage, 5 to 7 extra horsepower, more torque, cuts wear at least 50%, extends drain intervals two to three times, and reduces harmful emissions 50%."

Of course none of these assertions have any documentation from ASTM and other industry standard tests to support these claims. Overbased CaS of greater then 320 is NOT, I repeat, "unheard of."

Fluid overbased calcium sulfonate is a colloidal dispersion of inverse micelles formed by amorphous CaCO3 in oil stabilized by a surfactant. The term overbased is used to describe the excess of metal (Ca) over that required to neutralize the sulfonic acid.

I can acquire Calcium Sulphonate's with virgin TBNs of from 50 to 400. For example, the dark brown liquid
VANchem® CS 400 has a virgin TBN of 400 so I don't need to have a brilliant chemist change my CaS molecules. 😂

Whoopie!
exhaust cat: *heavy breathing*

Why would you need a TBN booster AND not also need an anti-oxidant booster, a metals inhibitor booster, an anti-wear booster, a dispersant booster, a friction modifier booster, etc., etc., when an oil change will boost and refresh all of the above?
Because there are several out there running bypass filters with no oil changes

Well you are actually arguing against a dyno (which seems kind of rather sad) - but I'm sure you did extensive testing on that product yourself for making such a bold statement.
Would you care to share your results with us?

For some strange reason those, that have zero practical experience with a product, have always the strongest opinion.
If you really wanted to get accurate answers you would not run any of those tests on a dyno.

For some strange reason some people fall for the most useless “tests” and proof.

For some strange reason new members always trying to stir it up on bitog... Truly Strange.

Next up in the "not breaking oil news".. some lucas products are terrible. Doesnt mean they are all terrible but once you find one bad product you condemn the whole brand. I would call their oil stabilizer a scam too..

Its not hard to see what happened here Guy gets paid.. guy endorses product. Product is nothing special.
Product has outrageous claims. If they were true every Car manufacturer would be signing their cars up just for the fuel economy.. Car manufacturers Spend billions chasing mpg.

David Vizard is also the guy that said he helped develop K&N air filters and that the holes in them were necessary because the filters work by the fibers vibrating, therefore, catching the dirt particles.

Back