Oil drip near front engine mount bracket after oil filter change '01 Toyota Sienna

Have an oil drip near front engine mount bracket on a 2001 Sienna 1MZFE. It seems to be due to oil collecting on the front engine mount bracket after the filter is removed. Oil filter points open end down so it is not possible to tilt the filter to avoid spill when removing. There is not enough space to put paper towels under the oil filter to effectively soak up all draining after removing the oil filter.
Haven't been successful trying to flush out oil drip near front engine mount bracket. Lack of space. Engine will continue to drip with filter removed anyway until filter is re installed. Drip stops after a month.
Have tried Fram, ST and Champ filters with same result. Used torque wrench to tighten filter and examined engine block surface. Block surface where filter gasket sits looks undamaged.
Any suggestions how to avoid the drip? Thanks
Picture:, engine, front engine mount, where it leaks, front engine mount bracket views (3)

Attachments

• 1MZFE TOYOTA.jpg
    1MZFE TOYOTA.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 18
  • ENGINE MOUNTS SIENNA 01.jpg
    ENGINE MOUNTS SIENNA 01.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 21
  • 5279b2.jpg
    5279b2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 20
  • FRONT ENGINE MOUNT BRACKET 1MZFE D.jpg
    FRONT ENGINE MOUNT BRACKET 1MZFE D.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 22
  • FRONT ENGINE MOUNT BRACKET 1MZFE C.jpg
    FRONT ENGINE MOUNT BRACKET 1MZFE C.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 17
  • FRONT ENGINE MOUNT BRACKET 1MZFE B.jpg
    FRONT ENGINE MOUNT BRACKET 1MZFE B.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 15
It drips for a month? As someone who has changed oil on this engine for 24 years I’ve never had one drip for a month. Usually it is one day.

I just put a long piece of cardboard under the car when I change oil. It seems like once the car is driven again the drips stop. I’ve tried all sorts of ways to keep the oil from dripping but I’ve never found a way other than to just let it stop.

Back