Oil Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

DG

Hi all,

Been lurking for some time. The info here is incredible.
I'm looking for opinions on the following:

Use of Pennzoil High Mileage for 97 Silverado 5.7 w/101,000 miles

After 10,000 miles, continue with Honda 5w20 or switch to M1 (5w30,0w30) for 03 Accord 4cyl.

TIA

Do you plan on keeping these vehicles much longer? Are you interested in doing extended drain intervals with any of them. Do any of them consume or leak any oil?

[ July 15, 2003, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Neil Womack ]

Neither leaks/weeps any oil. I'm not really comfortable w/extended drain intervals. I plan to keep the '03 Accord for 5-7 years. Would like to keep the 97 Silverado tip-top for 1-2 more years.

My real questions were:

1. Is Pennzoil High Mileage a good choice for the 97 Silverado?

2.On the '03 Accord, should I keep using Honda 5w20 or switch to a synthetic (like M1 5w30 or 0w30) and drain at mfr recommended intervals?

Car #1 If the engine is in clean and no leaks, you want to keep the car a lot longer AND you want not to be tied to 3000 miles (give or take), then I would go with a synthetic. If you like dino oil and don't mind shorter intervals I think PZ High Mileage is an EXCELLENT choice!

Car #2 Drop the Honda oil and get Mobil 0W20 or 0W30, whatever your owners manual will allow without you running afoul of the warranty stipulations. If the warranty won't allow that use somebody else's 5W20, not Hondas.

Neither vehicle has any leaks. Plan to keep the 03 Accord 5-7 years, and the 97 Silverado 1-2 more years. I'm not real comfortable with extended drain intervals, at least nothing in excess of 5000 miles.

Is Pennzoil High Mileage a good oil for the 9 Silverado?

After 10000 miles, should I keep using Honda 5w20 or switch to synthetic (like M1 5w30 or 0w30) with mfr recommended drain intervals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back