oil catch can

Status
Not open for further replies.
catch cans made of any kind of plastic especially poly carbonate reacts too synthetic oils and causes suferic acid vapors then leads to plastic break down..thats why it says on the water seperators from campbell hausfeld , husky and others not to use for that purpose..also plastic are only rated to 125 degrees

I have an AMW catch can on my LS1 and it works better than anything I have ever tried....including multiple fuel filters, air/water separators, etc.
they can be found HERE

I have it attached to my passengers side head with a polished aluminum bracket.

Paul

quote:

Originally posted by gstmitsueclipsespyder:
Buy a catch can (fuel filter) $2 - $3

http://www.tgilmore.com/talon/catchcan.html

I tried this fuel filter, and it collapses under vacuum.

quote:

Originally posted by boxcartommie22:
catch cans made of any kind of plastic especially poly carbonate reacts too synthetic oils and causes suferic acid vapors then leads to plastic break down..thats why it says on the water seperators from campbell hausfeld , husky and others not to use for that purpose..also plastic are only rated to 125 degrees

I found this out the hard way. I spent over $100 on custom ordered brackets and multiple filters.
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by JRHAWK9:
I have an AMW catch can on my LS1 and it works better than anything I have ever tried....including multiple fuel filters, air/water separators, etc.
they can be found HERE

Now THAT is a nice catch can! Nice baffle, good looks, but the price is ridiculous. I'd probably pay $100 for that. I saved the link. You never know, maybe they'll go down.

quote:

Originally posted by JPowers:
Now THAT is a nice catch can! Nice baffle, good looks, but the price is ridiculous. I'd probably pay $100 for that. I saved the link. You never know, maybe they'll go down.

yeah, it is VERY nice, although I don't think I paid that much for it though.

Checked it out, but saw nothing of intrest...and the pics arent visiable unless youre a member. But I am interested in a catch can and am still gathering info...so what is it that we were to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back