Oil brand you've never used

Originally Posted by OilReport99
Easier to type the ones I have used. Might have missed one or two.

I agree:
Mobil1 (Since 1976)
Rotella 40 (Diesel oil I got for free from work)
Castrol Racing Oil ( For a Pinto I raced - can you believe that?)
Blain's Farm & Fleet (Forget the store brand name - good oil)
Pennzoil YB 10w-40 for my VW Bus
Valvoline SuperSyn (Old formula that sucked)
Royal Purple (Another oil that sucked and expensive!)
SuperTech (Everything is on this oil now and it's the best I've ever used)

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
Supertech, along with the boutiques mentioned above.

I think I've used every mainstream oil..

Roger that.

I'm the opposite. I've used Havoline, both the original Texaco and the newer Chevron sourced, Castrol, Mobil 1, and Valvoline.

I've never used the rest.

Believe it or not I have never used Redline in any car of mine, even though I have recommended it quite often over the years to people with higher horsepower cars.

Valvoline is my "maybe next time" kind of oil.

it's on top of the list but I don't recall buying it or definitely not in recent years.
Only time I used it was in old days and some of the quick lube places ...
I use their gear lube, antifreeze and atf but for some reason not the engine oil.

It's a good oil and i always say maybe next time but it hasn't happened yet.

Originally Posted by dogememe
Never used liquimoly, redline, schaeffers, or motul, and don't plan to.

Can i ask why no to motul?

Only because i still have 3 jugs left of it, dexos 2 5w30 and i don't know what to do with it lol. I have 3 cars that use the same weight but wondering why you personally wouldn't?

Originally Posted by jimmyturner

Only because i still have 3 jugs left of it, dexos 2 5w30 and i don't know what to do with it lol. I have 3 cars that use the same weight but wondering why you personally wouldn't?

Not sure about them, but I would not due to cost.
No benefit for me vs "cheap" synthetic oil.
If it were clearanced @ $1 qt, I would, but when my vehicles would do just fine on Supertech there is just no need.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Originally Posted by jimmyturner

Not sure about them, but I would not due to cost.
No benefit for me vs "cheap" synthetic oil.
If it were clearanced @ $1 qt, I would, but when my vehicles would do just fine on Supertech there is just no need.

ahh gotcha. I was lucky because i usually add things to my amazon "wish list" and just check on the list daily and they'll show you when things get discounted. One time i checked and the 5qt jug got to as cheap as 31 bucks so i bought 3 of them because i had a corvette with a dry sump that took basically 10 qts. So i bought an extra jug in case. Would have made more sense to get 4 so i could do 2 oil changes with them. But now i have 3 unused ones.

So cost aside and someone just handed the oil to you, you would obviously use it no? I been searching far and wide about feedback on this oil and there doesn't seem to be much in depth info about. Just vague 1 sentence comments like, oh it's a good oil, been using it for 10 years. My builder recommended it to me and hes been building engines for 20 years etc.

It was never like an actual in depth discussion about motul.

I've used:

Chevron Havoline ProDS
Mobil1/EP/High mileage
Valvoline Advanced synthetic/Maxlife
Chevron supreme
Pennzoil platinum
Castrol full synthetic
Super tech

Likely won't ever use any others

I mostly use Castrol, Pennzoil or Supertech.

I've never used Amsoil, Idemtisu or Total. I will likely never use Amsoil, but willing to try the other 2.

Redline or Royal Purple.

When I used to travel in Canada reguarly, I would actually get oil changes done with Petro Canada oil lol.

Easier to list what I have used

Castrol
Penrite
Mobil
Valvoline
Shell

Probably in that order. Plus I've just purchased some Nulon oil on super discount, I've never used Nulon before, but it's a 5W30 full synthetic with D1G2 at a great price, so it's now in my stash.

All the others like Royal Purple, Motul, Liquimoly, Eni/Agip I have never used. Those brands have always been very expensive for me to buy, but I was never convinced they are worth the extra money.

Back