Oil-and-gas giant Total leaves American Petroleum Institute

Trivia: Most folks probably pronounce Total as in the total number of jelly beans. It’s actually a French word and is pronounced Totaaal, with emphasis on the second syllable. :p

I've heard radio ads for them, so that's when I figured out how it's pronounced. Plus, knowing it was French, it was bound to have some different pronunciation.

Reminds me of the old joke about the transmissions in French WWII tanks. They had 2 forward speeds and 5 reverse speeds.
i heard top reverse gear could get you to dunkirk in less than 2 hours tops in that tank:ROFLMAO:

They noted API is part of a group that opposes electric vehicle subsidies.They also cited differences on carbon pricing and that "API gave its support during the recent elections to candidates who argued against the United States’ participation in the Paris Agreement."

Total bought Saft. Enough said.

Total playing the good guys ? … widely known to bribe and FCPA fines are a way of life …
Exactly. What makes them really evil is their deliberate attempts to convince people of the opposite. They're not content with being your average run of the mill unethical corp.

Back