Oh Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken, regarding the 'carfax says serviced...but not for what'. I had that happen with two used Subaru's I bought. Not sure if Hyundai does it, but I went to my.subaru.com and signed up both cars by using the VIN, and it let me see all the past service that was done (at dealers at least), and the mileage, matched exactly what carfax reported, except the Subaru Web site actually said what the service was, i.e. recall service, or whatever, and where the service was performed.
-Louis
patriot.gif

A co-worker of mine, a mechanical engineer, scoffed of interference as a problem if a belt broke, as he said the engine would stop dead!!!!! I couldn't convince him otherwise. Haven't seen him in years, often wonder if he ever had a belt break and learned a lesson. He was intellectual type, and trusted his own reasoning too much.
crushedcar.gif

Ken,

Change the oil and substitute a quart of Marvel Mystery oil for a quart of oil.

Run it for 1,000 miles and change it again. Do this a couple more times and see if it is getting better.

I bought a 10-year old Accord that wasn't treated right. It didn't have sludge (except for around the bolt heads and small areas where oil puddles on the head), but it did have what I would call heavy varnish. The dipstick was varnished badly.

After 5,000 miles and two MMO treatments, I have removed about 60% of the varnish on the dipstick and the head is much cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back