Oh no, is my infotainment system going? A scare

Had an amusing occurrence today. I love my 2012 Acura's infotainment system--it works just great for me, decent Navigation, XM radio, AM-FM, CD player, a hard drive that can hold about 800 songs and a bluetooth set up for podcasts. The stock speakers that came with the Technology package, although not audiophile quality, sound decent to me.
On my way home today, the nav seemed to be working very slowly. Occasionally it gets very balky, and the solution has always been to reboot, which means turn off the ignition and restart the car. I had to wait a few minutes for traffic situation to permit me to come to a stop, and I restarted it, except whole system seemed to be off a bit. I couldn't get the audio screen to show except with voice commands, which I hardly ever use, and even more frightening, I couldn't turn off the radio or change the source. I was stuck with the one channel I was listening to, which was XM's Tom Petty station; not bad for my tastes, but I could not imagine having to listen to only one station for the rest of the time I owned the car. I like Tom Petty, but spending several hours a week listening only to his station? I'd learn that whole discography pretty quick! Several more reboots did nothing, the steering wheel volume control didn't work, couldn't listen to any other audio sources and the nav still seemed slow as all hell. Oh well, I thought, I can listen to Petty for the hour it will take me to get home, then what? Bring it to a dealer? who else could repair what seemed to be obviously a software corruption of some kind, or else find some car stereo wizard--the prospects didn't seem to great. Suddenly a car I loved seemed like trade-in bait. But then I notice something. One of the buttons (the screen is pre-touch screen era so there are a lot of buttons) was stuck pushed in. I popped it out with my finger and all was back to normal.

Acura use to be the auto maker that advertised about being ahead in terms of tech. My wife and I looked at a 2021 Acura ILX and thought, this car is outdated by YEARS, the infotainment system especially.

Sounds like your infotainment fluid needs changing, Maybe try the new Slick 50 Infotainment fluid with Teflon.

"One of the buttons (the screen is pre-touch screen era so there are a lot of buttons) was stuck pushed in. I popped it out with my finger and all was back to normal."

Sounds like your infotainment fluid needs changing, Maybe try the new Slick 50 Infotainment fluid with Teflon.

"One of the buttons (the screen is pre-touch screen era so there are a lot of buttons) was stuck pushed in. I popped it out with my finger and all was back to normal."
Yes, maybe a spritz of tuner wash with the ignition off

A stuck button could conceivably wreak havoc on other commands, depending on the software. I wouldn’t draw any conclusions unless it repeats.

my 2018 Ford sync 3 swipes multiple pages to the right if I hit bumps while taking a right turn. It’s irritating to take a turn and then be looking at the settings screen again and again. Started doing it right after warranty ended, at 3 years. Did it yesterday.

With how much a factory replacement deck is, you’re gonna have to start looking at aftermarket options if your car can fit one. Unfortunately with “luxury” cars with highly integrated dashboards with remote displays or pop-up displays(and the current floating/iPad in the dash trend), going aftermarket is impossible.

Back then, factory infotainment wasn’t user-updatable if there was a new firmware. The dealer’s service department would have to do it via CD/USB or FireWire. If your Acura used a skinned-over version of HondaLink, it would be worth checking for a update and trying that.

Back