***Official Member Picture Thread***

Yes, we own two DI clinics, I've setup my fair share of radiologists. In fact I was involved in the install of the radiology workstations at the new Parkland Hospital in Dallas, took quite a while, lol!

You are correct on the workflow. Patient is booked, tech does the exam. Tech vets the images and makes sure everything that was supposed to be captured is. Case is sent to the radiologist for reporting, which, more often than not, is done at home nowadays, report is either dictated, then transcribed, or, as is becoming more common, done with voice recognition or structured reporting. Report is then reviewed and signed off, then sent to the referring physician, usually via fax.

The schooling is of course very expensive and takes considerable time, but the byproduct is excellent compensation and guaranteed employment.

After shadowing him for probably 150 hours, in 2018 he hired me to be his personal assistant for 2 months, while people took summer vacation, so I was the fill in.
Since then I've shadowed him probably another 200 plus hours. The more I saw, more interested in it I became. I've also shadowed a lawyer some, a heart surgeon a bit, and a judge briefly, but only a few days with him. I've spent an awful lot of time around semi trucks, heavy equipment, helicopters, and businessmen. Work full time currently as the personal assistant to a very wealthy businessman. But I also work Sundays at a repair shop, have a full university course load, and yet find time for hobbies, and to have fun. I would like to think that I can do anything that I put my mind to.

Without a doubt, one of the best meals either of us had ever had, and some of the best conversation, too! Ranging from aviation, to the military, medicine, firearms, current events, etc...Definitely one of the highlights of our honeymoon!

At one point, Mrs. Astro14 excused herself from the table for a little while, and then reappeared with a wrapped wedding gift for Britta and me!

We were totally surprised and delighted!

There are some great people on BITOG!

Even the PMs Astro 14 sends are great!

Last edited:
This is a dangerous neighbourhood; a few months ago I was walking down our street, and was ambushed by real live gingerbread men!

20201215_112734 - Copy.jpg

I see her as another member. What‘s the point of calling out her looks? If one of you said I was cute I’d feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable.
Yeah, It's unlikely anyone will accuse me of being cute! ;)

Absolutely incredible!
Right?!

We were going to be near Virginia Beach, and I remembered that he lived in the area, so I thought I'd PM him and see if he knew of some good things to do around there, restaurants to visit, etc, and he invited us over for dinner!

True hospitality!

Was really cool for me, as I've only known one other real, live, Top Gun (a gentleman who I rode dirt bikes with in Memphis, who's also a retired F-14 Naval Aviator, and retired from flying for FedEx).

I look forward to having the opportunity to pay it forward some day.

Things like this make me wish we had an annual get-together, or even local sub-groups where we could just meet up for coffee or a beer or whatever, trade oil and stuff, lend each other a hand fixing stuff, etc. I know other forums I'm on have sub-groups for states, parts of the country, etc.

Without a doubt, one of the best meals either of us had ever had, and some of the best conversation, too! Ranging from aviation, to the military, medicine, firearms, current events, etc...Definitely one of the highlights of our honeymoon!

At one point, Mrs. Astro14 excused herself from the table for a little while, and then reappeared with a wrapped wedding gift for Britta and me!

We were totally surprised and delighted!

There are some great people on BITOG!
Super ! But wait … no topics forbidden on the site, LoL

Visited my mom in Memphis weekend before last and went up to her attic and brought some photo albums down so we can scan all the photos.

Found a bunch of photos I didn’t know existed! Took screenshots of a few, in the meantime, before we scan all of them in.

Here are a few of my Dad (passed away in February 2002) and me, around 1981-1982:

5A972D36-3890-4771-B681-B08C83CC6EFB.jpeg
AAE9E7A9-69CE-4BC3-A055-59B052978042.jpeg
9BA0AD32-3E10-4917-AE70-478D214E0B31.jpeg

Not sure of the location of those first 2 - Washington, D.C., or perhaps Toronto? Maybe someone here recognizes the place.

Here‘s Dad’s Obit, from the Memphis Newspaper, the Commercial Appeal, Feb. 25, 2002:

41A32323-B4CF-4B72-AD98-E25441640209.jpeg

Back