OEM Brake Fluid Intervals vs. ATF Intervals

My lady and I both have 2018 MY cars.
In the Toyota manual, it says nothing about brake fluid changes only "inspect" and "dealer may recommend services based on inspection." Translation to me is: we dont want to raise our maintenance costs on paper, but you probably need it.
In Kia manual, it says nothing about brake fluid either, except inspect at 30k. Similar likely outcome.
I'd say 3-4 yr is a good interval.

But apparently, they now want cars with 20-30K to receive a brake fluid exchange.
I know that Honda recommends it based on years - can't recall if it's 2 or 3. For the average driver, that's 30-45k miles. Other automakers never mention changing/exchanging the fluid. Odd that there's such a variation. I believe that in many European countries though, the ones that have pretty "good" vehicle inspections, check the fluid and most vehicles seem to require replacing the fluid every few years in order to pass their test (moisture content, I presume).

I know that Honda recommends it based on years - can't recall if it's 2 or 3. For the average driver, that's 30-45k miles. Other automakers never mention changing/exchanging the fluid. Odd that there's such a variation. I believe that in many European countries though, the ones that have pretty "good" vehicle inspections, check the fluid and most vehicles seem to require replacing the fluid every few years in order to pass their test (moisture content, I presume).
Nissan recently added the service at 2/20K intervals to their maintenance schedule.

Honda also added the item to their maintenance minder with the 2019 models. It usually pops up shortly after the 2 year mark.

Nope, people here do same thing (though flat landers are notorious). They ride brakes, as they do in CA and elsewhere. He said “average “ driver. Average driver is on love with brake pedal, regardless of location. Have you ever driven between LA and Las Vegas over passes?
This is ridiculous argument. It is like saying I don’t need to replace old tires bcs. I don’t drive fast. And we are talking bottle of brake fluid that can be purchased for $5 on Wal Mart and DIY in couple of hours.
I-15 isn't that steep for cars, when you're driving in between the Angeles NF and San Bernadino NF. Not really an issue for cars, as it's more of an issue for Tractor Trailers. I would not call it taxing on the brakes for cars at all, if it's driving back from Big Bear Lakes to LA, then yes, you will smell brake pads from other cars.

Honda does 3

Back