Oedro floor mats

JTK

I mail ordered a set of these Husky / Weathertech Chinese knock-offs for my 2017 Ram 1500 quad cab. I paid $79 shipped, but I see they can often be had for ~$70 for this application through the Oedro website I'm pleasantly surprised! The look, feel and finish is on par with Weathertech and Husky products. I've owned both for various vehicles over the years. If these go well, I'll never spend 2-3x the money on winter mats again. It's 15degF out today so I have to let them warm up and I'm not sure I'll get the carpeted OEM ice bergs out of the Ram today anyway.

When I received the box from FedEx today, it was typical FedEx beat to death, but the mats were nicely packed and in a plastic bag.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Reactions: JC1
Maybe I'm just on a soap box, but these look like outright copies of Weathertech mats. That [censored] me off for a few reasons, for starters it disgusts me that China continues to copy and outright rip off US companies by counterfeiting parts or copying parts to be relabeled. I'd much rather spend more on a product that is made right here in the USA and isn't contributing to a country that engages in land grabs and increasing militarization of the land and waters surrounding their country. In short I'm not trying to pay money into the war machine I may very well have to oppose. And before you say talk is cheap, I just got my weathertech floor liners delivered for my 2019 4Runner, they were $179 for front and rear, made here in the USA. We also have a set in Lauren's Lexus GS 350 plus a trunk mat for her Lexus as well as a sun shield for both vehicles. All money that stayed here in the USA.

I'd urge people to please consider where your money is going when you click buy for Chinese products. We all [censored] and moan about the production decline in this country, step up and do something about it.

China is bad.

Stepping down off my soap box now.

Chinese knock off was poor wording on my part. These mats are not identical copies of Weathertechs or Huskys.

Originally Posted by JTK
Chinese knock off was poor wording on my part. These mats are not identical copies of Weathertechs or Huskys.

How are they not? They look exactly like that

Originally Posted by E150GT
Originally Posted by JTK

How are they not? They look exactly like that

The similarities are they are black and they are floor liners.

The molded tread patterns are completely different between the three (Husky, Weathertech and Oedro) from what I see online, along with subtle design differences. Then again, I'm seeing it through my Walmart optical glasses that are a few years old, so there's that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Maybe I'm just on a soap box, but these look like outright copies of Weathertech mats. That [censored] me off for a few reasons, for starters it disgusts me that China continues to copy and outright rip off US companies by counterfeiting parts or copying parts to be relabeled. I'd much rather spend more on a product that is made right here in the USA and isn't contributing to a country that engages in land grabs and increasing militarization of the land and waters surrounding their country. In short I'm not trying to pay money into the war machine I may very well have to oppose. And before you say talk is cheap, I just got my weathertech floor liners delivered for my 2019 4Runner, they were $179 for front and rear, made here in the USA. We also have a set in Lauren's Lexus GS 350 plus a trunk mat for her Lexus as well as a sun shield for both vehicles. All money that stayed here in the USA.

I'd urge people to please consider where your money is going when you click buy for Chinese products. We all [censored] and moan about the production decline in this country, step up and do something about it.

China is bad.

Your certainly entitled to your views. My views are that $179.00 is an awful lot for floor mats. When you look at floor mats at CostCo or Sam's Club they are $20.00 on sale (for a set of 4). Granted they are not "custom molded". So-$79.00 sounds about right for custom molded ones to me.

Originally Posted by CKN

China is bad.

Your certainly entitled to your views. My views are that $179.00 is an awful lot for floor mats. When you look at floor mats at CostCo or Sam's Club they are $20.00 on sale (for a set of 4). Granted they are not "custom molded". So-$79.00 sounds about right for custom molded ones to me.

I would rather keep my money in this country supporting my fellow Americans but if you want to be a cheap skate and keep shipping jobs out of this country good for you, maybe the next one will be yours.

. And before you say talk is cheap, I just got my weathertech floor liners delivered for my 2019 4Runner, they were $179 for front and rear, made here in the USA. We also have a set in Lauren's Lexus GS 350 plus a trunk mat for her Lexus as well as a sun shield for both vehicles. All money that stayed here in the USA.

A long time ago, MacNeil imported Cannon mats made in England for the WeatherTech line and while they worked, they were kinda soft compared to the new American-made ones. eBay and Amazon are now harbors for cheap Chinese junk thesedays.

I certainly agree with the Chinese having little regard for intellectual property. But people will buy knockoffs with pride. I have a small saying - support authenticity. If you can't afford the real thing, don't buy the knock off and keep it stock or do without.

Originally Posted by postjeeprcr
Originally Posted by CKN

China is bad.

I would rather keep my money in this country supporting my fellow Americans but if you want to be a cheap skate and keep shipping jobs out of this country good for you, maybe the next one will be yours.

I'm retired. But grew up in the South-East part of L.A. county. At the time-West Clock, Firestone, Ford, Bethlehem Steel were all there. Those jobs moved to either out of the country or out of state. Somehow every one survived.

Funny how people want to tell you how to spend your money based on their beliefs. Although I have WeatherTech mats, its not my business what anyone else does.

CKN and Bud, I'm with ya.

I'm not suggesting anyone go online and buy these, I'm just posting my results on alternatives that are available if you choose.

I've been on BITOG a long time and it's amazing how the 'clientele' has changed. I just read many of the aye whole posts for their comedic value and move on.

Thanks for the report JTK! I will consider these going forward and like having options. Surprised at some of the negative posts on this thread. But still glad you mentioned these.
01.gif

Keep us updated!

I've had Husky Liners in my Liberty for 10 years now, carpets look new. Like them being American made...I'd buy them again.

@JTK

Curious how the Oedro mats have held up for you. I just ordered a set for the new 4Runner.

They’ve gone up about $20 now (I paid $99), but, from a video I watched, the gentleman installing them in a 4Runner who also owned a set of WeatherTech, said that the Oedro mats were actually thicker and better quality than the WT, which actually seemed to be deteriorating a bit, despite not having been in service all that long:

Last edited:
In no particular order:
In light of the whole "globalization" thing, I try to spend my money here first. Then I broaden my comfort zone to No. America.
Then I go east (to Europe) if I can.
Hey, I'm one person against a tide. If some darn thing is only available from a bad place, then I have to buy from them.

I do like the point made above that there's a big $$ jump from adequate floor mats to fitted ones.

Always remember that choices serve to lower prices. However, that's a broad rule and factories don't magically open up to fill price point voids.
You gotta be fair to your own situation. People shopping smart is the only tool we as consumers have.

I have weather techs for the Caravan. Bought the front set off of someone online and got the rear floor liner on amazon.com that was a used return for under $60 at the time. The full cost for front and rear set for the caravan was about $320 Canadian before taxes (13 pct). I got both front and rear for half price.

I'm all about supporting local when possible, but when price differences are large, I cannot fault some people with wanting to save money.

These days prices of everything are going up, so you cannot fault people for doing this.

Back