Husky Liner floor mat clips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a set of Husky Liners for my 19 Renegade after having good luck with the ones in my 05 Liberty for well over a decade. Love the mats, but I'm a little concerned about those circular snap clips they use. I did a little test with some water and those clips let water through - kind of defeats the purpose of that mat? Am I being too anal? I'm guessing lots of vehicles use these.

One solution I thought of was just siliconing a rubber disc over the tops of the clips - they'd still be able to pop on and off just fine, they'd just be covered up. I looked at Weathertechs, but they don't have the extra lip around the perimeter these have.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Those buttons are have a raised lip around them don't they? I guess the designers don't expect many people to drop an entire 2 liter or Big Gulp in their floor to flood the entire mat. I have Husky Liners in my '02 Silverado. They are solid with no buttons or holes to hook to anything. I like them a lot.

I put MaxxLiners in our Kia when we bought it in the Spring. They're excellent mats too. Made very well and fit like you'd expect them to.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by HoosierJeeper
Just got a set of Husky Liners for my 19 Renegade after having good luck with the ones in my 05 Liberty for well over a decade. Love the mats, but I'm a little concerned about those circular snap clips they use. I did a little test with some water and those clips let water through - kind of defeats the purpose of that mat? Am I being too anal? I'm guessing lots of vehicles use these.

One solution I thought of was just siliconing a rubber disc over the tops of the clips - they'd still be able to pop on and off just fine, they'd just be covered up. I looked at Weather techs, but they don't have the extra lip around the perimeter these have.

Weather techs are no different where the hole goes over the floor hook. If you poured water on those, I am sure the amount of water getting through would be greater than on the Husky's.

I own both, weather tech's in my Ram and Husky's in my wife's and son's cars. Like in your pic, the spot where the snaps are located are far away from where one is going to rest their feet; they are practically under the seat.

Yes, you are being anal.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back