Floor Mat Run-off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: irv
I have the Weathertechs in my Ram

If I had of only know/heard about Huskys back then and not been such a Kool-Aid, Weathertech drinker, I would have purchased a set of those instead.

I’d like to suggest you take a photo of the Weathertechs and send it to them. They might help you out.

SF

I purchase bath mats at Costco and cut them to size,they hold like cement to the floor snd have a extra nap to hold moister and dirt.Take them to the lundry twice a year. they last about 6 years.Better than any rubber mat that i have tried!

Originally Posted By: cjcride
For melted snow and slush I sometimes lay a newspaper in the mat, give it about an hour and dispose of the soggy newspaper.

Just to clarify the newspaper is placed on a generic winter rubber mat with rolled up edges

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I used to put newspaper under til I realized it was utterly pointless as it just kept my floors wet. I have a simple winter car mat in it and thats it. The floor does still get wet but its not exactly avoidable. I dont worry about it. In spring I spray it down with a heavy coat of carpet cleaner and use an extractor to pull up the dirty water.
I do this also. The weather mats help but regular driving causes the melt water to spill some.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
I have the Weathertechs in my Ram

If I had of only know/heard about Huskys back then and not been such a Kool-Aid, Weathertech drinker, I would have purchased a set of those instead.

I’d like to suggest you take a photo of the Weathertechs and send it to them. They might help you out.

SF

That's a good idea and one I may just do?

Thanks.
cheers3.gif

What was done in the taxis was to use a generic poor weather rubber mat like you find at the parts store or Walmart, with a cut rectangle of carpet a similar size placed under them. As others have noted, the stuff will spill. This way, you can empty the rubber mat on occasion, but the spillage is soaked into the carpet pieces, rather than the vehicle carpet (at least not so much). We had about a billion of those carpet slices around, so when one is soaked at shift change, you hang it up and replace it with another for the next shift. It's ugly, but it works with slushy messes.
wink.gif

To keep my carpeting dry and clean, I put a map of Arizona under it and followed the direction southwest from WI. LOL

Bath/shower rugs from Dollar General. $6 a piece. If they get trashed I buy new ones. I put them over my OEM rubber mats and they fill up the entire foot well and contain all of the water/slush/snow.

I have the Weathertechs in my Ram and it has a trough that leaks out onto the door sill or back underneath the mat and soaks my carpet.
Sh*tty design! I currently have a rolled up towel I place in this area to help soak up the slop/water than comes from my boots when I enter. Yes, I do kick my boots off before swinging them in.
My wife's new Husky liners aren't like this. The are more bowl/dish like if you will and keep the water inside, where it belongs, a lot better than my Weathertechs.

I have the Weathertechs and I don't have any of the problems you're describing...mine keep all of the water inside them, they don't leak at all...

Originally Posted By: grampi
I have the Weathertechs and I don't have any of the problems you're describing...mine keep all of the water inside them, they don't leak at all...

How old are they? We have been selling them for a couple years at my work and have actually had customer return more than have kept due to the new design and not fitting. It has gotten to the point where I don't even bother selling them anymore.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: grampi

How old are they? We have been selling them for a couple years at my work and have actually had customer return more than have kept due to the new design and not fitting. It has gotten to the point where I don't even bother selling them anymore.

I picked them up 2 or 3 years ago...

I think it depends a lot on the design of the car too. Some cars have flat floorboards while some have recessed floorboards.

My grandparent's Trailblazer has flat floorboards and the HuskyLiners don't fit well, but I don't see how anything could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back