Odd thing when I Google Walmart

Maybe my comment flew over peoples head, but ubuntu is an African term and Nigeria in known for internet scams, hence I said it sounds like a Nigerian browser.

The danger of Win 7 is no more patches, and no more security updates-so, if some bad actor figures out an exploit, it can be very difficult to stop them.
Whats' the difference between patches and updates vs. anti-virus software? And why wouldn't that software do the same thing as patches and updates?

Whats' the difference between patches and updates vs. anti-virus software? And why wouldn't that software do the same thing as patches and updates?
Patches fix vulnerabilities or small issues like bugs in the operating system. I guess this is why IT certifications are so popular, to distinguish between clueless people and knowledge people in regards to different areas of IT

My clueless self would imply that anti-virus and maleware systems would be more important than fixing vulnerabilities or small issues like bugs, but what do I know. I've only been hacked or scammed like, never, after over 25 years online. Wonder why that is, when big companies with all their IT staff get breached all the time. Like that Colonial Pipeline thing last year. Wonder how clueless THEIR IT personnel was with all their certifications and all.

My clueless self would imply that anti-virus and maleware systems would be more important than fixing vulnerabilities or small issues like bugs, but what do I know. I've only been hacked or scammed like, never, after over 25 years online. Wonder why that is, when big companies with all their IT staff get breached all the time. Like that Colonial Pipeline thing last year.
Because big companies are MUCH more valuable? Usually they go after CEOs “whaling” or stuff like watering hole attacks

My clueless self would imply that anti-virus and malware systems would be more important than fixing vulnerabilities or small issues like bugs, but what do I know.
Vulnerabilities can be exploited in many ways, including ways that anti-virus software can't stop. Systems have to be patched up to date, or they are at high risk of being compromised no matter what security software they run.

What do you mean discontinued? It still works for me. I don't use it much for browsing, I mainly use it for organizing my Favorites list and then transfering it to Chrome.
I have come across many websites that no longer work with Internet Explorer (a few work computers are still using IE and are not able to be updated by users, and IT does not care about those specific computers. Yes, stupid of them, but not under my control).
Are you sure it is not Edge you are using now?

Are you sure it is not Edge you are using now?
Says,
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
So its not Edge

bob.jpg

Back