Odd thing when I Google Walmart

Well, I have used Firefox for many years (25+ years since Netscape) but FF has gotten too much bloated (because of too many updates) & I ended up using Chrome (n). Can't use Duckduckgo not powerful enough of a search engine.
How is it bloated?

Firefox uses Google as a search engine now. Another good reason not to use Firefox.
No it doesn’t. You choose your search engine.
2CC15A66-15B1-4C1D-BE99-16A1260509AC.jpeg
62562FB1-B77A-49AF-9D1F-DE3C4FF36957.jpg

Unless you're the paranoid type, there's no reason not to use Chrome and Google.

I use Brave which is based on chromium (Chrome) without being Google-ized, and I like the built in ad block and other security (shields). And I use DuckDuckGo or Brave search which works good enough for me.

It has gotten too slow especially at start-up. Cleared everything cache, history etc. The thing with FF not a month had gone by without any updates. I simply don't understand?
There are always updates. That's a good thing. Windows usually updates every Tuesday.

Unless you're the paranoid type, there's no reason not to use Chrome and Google.
Not paranoid, I just don't like Google to harvest information about everything I do in Chrome. Use FireFox with the tab containers extension, which keeps snoopy sites like FB jailed within a tab. When jailed, FB can't see browsing data from any other site you visit in another tab. Why doesn't Chrome do this? Because Google wants your data to display directed ads to you. Google's main mechanism to do this is Chrome. If you use Gmail, also jail your gmail session in its own tab.

Sounds like some Nigerian browser. No malware there.
I put Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu) on an old acer laptop that could barely run Windows 7, but Linux runs fine. No Nigerian software or malware either. It’s fun to play around with, but I wouldn’t use it as my main computer. Windows is just easier to use, and I share my main computer with my elderly father and it was hard enough teaching him how to use Windows! Btw, Internet Explorer has been discontinued!

What do you mean discontinued? It still works for me. I don't use it much for browsing, I mainly use it for organizing my Favorites list and then transfering it to Chrome.
It means Microsoft finally retired it. Sure it will still work but it won’t be updated for security fixes anymore.

98B906F2-CBA7-46B4-9405-21F86E9B30E3.jpeg

The Ubuntu OS is a product of the British corporation Canonical.
The word "ubuntu" is from a language common in southern Africa, not Nigeria.

Back