OCI recommendation on 2006 Audi S4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new Audi S4 (4.2L v8) that holds 11.2 qts of Mobil 1. The oil was changed in July (per my "free" service) at 3200 miles. My next "free" change is this July. Currently have 6500 miles and will probably hit about 8500 by July.

Most of my driving is city. A few trips more than 15 miles here and there, but not many.

Should I change it now and then again in July? Or leave it?

I had planned on an oil analysis after the July change.

Thanks!

With such low mileage, once a year oil change should be fine. However, I'd make sure to let the car stretch its legs by taking it for a longer run once a week to let the moisture burn off. As if you needed another excuse to drive this baby...
smile.gif

BTW, does Audi still offer free maintenance while under warranty? I thought they did away with it recently.

2006 was the last year for free maintenance under the Audi Advantage program.

For 2007, they offer the first service free. However, they allow you to purchase an extended maintenance contract for a very, very, very attractive price.

I'd change the oil according to the owners manual, which is 1yr/10K miles, unless it's changed recently. Be sure to use a VW/Audi-approved oil, (VW 502.00), such as Castrol 0w30 (GC) or Mobil1 0w40. The dealer may not provide the proper oil; my Audi dealer didn't for the "free" service on my Audi. I had to bring in my own oil as they would install Castrol 5w30 (dino) as the "free" oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back