OCI-3,000 mile/Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with one-size fits all OCI's is that one size doesn't always fit all. There are many cars, running both synthetic and dino, that could easily go 4000-5000-6000 and beyond with no problem at all. However there are also problem-prone cars (volvo turbos comes to mind) that need regular oil changes, preferably with synthetic, at no more than 5K mile intervals.

I think the average consumer needs to do a bit more research on their own in how to properly maintain their automotive investments. It's amazing to me that people will go out and spend 50K on a car and then not take the time educate themself on how to maintain it (or get it maintained) properly.

quote:

Originally posted by hominid7:
I think the average consumer needs to do a bit more research on their own in how to properly maintain their automotive investments. It's amazing to me that people will go out and spend 50K on a car and then not take the time educate themself on how to maintain it (or get it maintained) properly.

I agree, and raise you one. I think that the average computer user should learn how to maintain/protect their computer(s) so that they aren't used for nefarious purposes which punish Internet users at large.

quote:

I agree, and raise you one. I think that the average computer user should learn how to maintain/protect their computer(s) so that they aren't used for nefarious purposes which punish Internet users at large.

**** no - then guys like me would be out of work!
lol.gif

Scott

quote:

Originally posted by Dually:
Does anyone here on this site change their oil every 3,000 miles or three months with syntheic oil?I was at the Castrol site and they recommend 3,000 mile/3 months OCI even with synthetic.Do other oil companies recommend the same OCI?Thanks Joe
patriot.gif

Unless your using a cheap synthetic oil then sure. Im still wasting money with amsoil series 3K changing it every 5K only for warrenty reasons but im dont with that so ill go 10K with oil analysis and if i can go further then great.

quote:

Originally posted by dbvettez06:
I have followed this 3000-4000 OCI with Mobil One..But, only because i have a very high performance engine putting out 800 hp, and it gets driven! For the average car, it would be a total waste imo....I may be over doing it with my current OCI, but it is cheap peace of mind...
cheers.gif

Another reason to do OCD style OCIs w/synthetic that most on here do not realise (a 400-1000 whp engine sees oil a little bit differently than a 55-185 whp engine, especially if driven to take advantage of that power).

BTW; what year Z06, and what form of/how much boost do you run??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back