OCI 2001 Pont. Grand Prix with 3.1 L motor

I have about 108,000 on the car. I only drive about 1,000 miles a year. Can I just change it every 3,000 miles, or should I change at least once a year?
Mostly short/shorter trips, but if I'm only going a few blocks, I usually try to run it up the highway a few miles too.

I'm sure that there will be a variety of suggestions, but with your use pattern, I would surely change it once a year regardless of mileage. Fuel dilution, pushrod valve train and age of oil.

You should probably change it every year. And you might also want to run a longer trip at least once a month. If you can do at least one 10-mile trip on a regular basis, that helps a lot.

Well l bring it to full temperature on highway at least once every 2 weeks.
Insurance and tags not too munh$$_$.

I have about 108,000 on the car. I only drive about 1,000 miles a year. Can I just change it every 3,000 miles, or should I change at least once a year?
Mostly short/shorter trips, but if I'm only going a few blocks, I usually try to run it up the highway a few miles too.
If you drive it for an occassional longer run, I would change the oil/filter every 2-3 years. That's what I have been doing now for a car I have owned since 1989.

If you drive it for an occassional longer run, I would change the oil/filter every 2-3 years. That's what I have been doing now for a car I have owned since 1989.
It was done right before I brought it, it's almost 3 years now, and the oil still looks brand new!
Although I suppose once a year still would not be Overkill.

Back