Occasionally almost rear ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: opus1
blame that and the nanny devices added to cars now. The car has AWD so I can go fast no matter what the conditions are. The car has ABS so that *always* means I can stop. The car has blind spot monitoring so I don't have to pay as much attention. The car has airbags so I won't get hurt in an accident, and besides, that's what insurance is for (if I choose to buy it). And so on.

As an acquaintance used to say, "all drivers would be a whole heck of a lot better if every steering wheel had a six inch chrome plated iron spike pointed at the driver's chest instead of an airbag."

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Even though you are being sarcastic, this is actually the mentality of many drivers today...they feel what they are doing is far more important than anyone else and they must get to their destination in record time...I just can't understand what drives this type of mentality...

You don't need to understand it, it's just the way it is. I think there's an old saying which says lead, follow or get out of the way. Don't be the slowpoke in the left lane.

I don't LLC...much of the tailgating I experience takes place on two lane roads...

I really wonder why people have to wonder why they're being tailgated. If you're being tailgated, that usually means you're going too slow if there's room in front of you. Although it is pointless if there's traffic in front and there's no room to move. Some speed limits are set artificially low, the recommended speed limit is the speed at which 85% of the drivers drive at. So the other 15% are either going faster or slower. The ones going faster aren't the ones being tailgated.

I don't wonder why. I also don't drive too slow...I typically drive 5 mph over the limit, and I never drive under the limit...people tailgate because they think they're entitled to drive as fast as they want, and anyone who gets in their way is the problem...it's all about me, me, me....

I had a woman run her shopping cart into my Achilles heel the other day in the super market as I stood off to the side. She was on her phone, facebook, I think, as she gave me a quick dirty look and went around me.

No apology. Apparently It was my fault, as of course, since the beginning of time, no woman has ever done anything wrong, and all males are simply buffoons who should be thankful we have a woman around to belittle and emasculate us while rehashing their princess stories in their heads.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
I had a woman run her shopping cart into my Achilles heel the other day in the super market as I stood off to the side. She was on her phone, facebook, I think, as she gave me a quick dirty look and went around me.

No apology. Apparently It was my fault, as of course, since the beginning of time, no woman has ever done anything wrong, and all males are simply buffoons who should be thankful we have a woman around to belittle and emasculate us while rehashing their princess stories in their heads.

Have you noticed this is exactly how men and women are portrayed on TV shows? Men are always babbling idiots who don't have enough brain power to breathe without the help of a woman...

Last edited:

Have you noticed this is exactly how men and women are portrayed on TV shows? Men are always babbling idiots who don't have enough brain power to breathe without the help of a woman...

Yep, and any product marketed towards a woman has some half wit of a man being outsmarted and belittled by a woman.

I find the hypocrisy of modern feminism infuriating. Just as bad is how men just let it slide because it is easier than having a feminist get all psychotically indignant whenever she senses anything not to her liking. They live for that and have magazines and TV shows seemingly dedicated to teach them how to by royally indignant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back