NV5600 - Amsoil Syncromesh UOA 87,000km

And this is why I do uoa's!

Amsoil claims 50k to 150k + miles for this oil. As you can see it has sheared and oxidized pretty good. Don't mind the new oil values, they are placeholders since I didn't have a voa for this oil a this point. Otherwise, wear metals do look really good imo. This was over filled by 1.5 quarts. to a total of 6

I was often seeing 110-120 celsius on the the case with ir gun immediately after towing. After seeing this report changed the oil and added fast coolers, which didn't really help much. Added a cooling loop w/ a airtex fuel pump, and hayden thermostatic bypass transmission rad. Tapped into case level plug and fast cooler sensor port. My temps dropped to around 95-105 after doing this.

My temps are going to be higher then most with similar set up since i have a 10" air dam for aerodynamics at the front.

I had a hell of a time finding info on the NV5600 recommended oci as well as info on this amsoil product. So I hope this is helpful to someone!
NUS600 MANUAL 6SP_TRANSMISSION.jpg

And this is why I do uoa's!

Amsoil claims 50k to 150k + miles for this oil. As you can see it has sheared and oxidized pretty good. Don't mind the new oil values, they are placeholders since I didn't have a voa for this oil a this point. Otherwise, wear metals do look really good imo. This was over filled by 1.5 quarts. to a total of 6

I was often seeing 110-120 celsius on the the case with ir gun immediately after towing. After seeing this report changed the oil and added fast coolers, which didn't really help much. Added a cooling loop w/ a airtex fuel pump, and hayden thermostatic bypass transmission rad. Tapped into case level plug and fast cooler sensor port. My temps dropped to around 95-105 after doing this.

My temps are going to be higher then most with similar set up since i have a 10" air dam for aerodynamics at the front.

I had a hell of a time finding info on the NV5600 recommended oci as well as info on this amsoil product. So I hope this is helpful to someone!
View attachment 112249
I just know you don’t want to break it-parts are allegedly almost impossible to find (I had one in an ‘02 Ram 2500 w/Cummins HO).

Thats what I've heard! I've seen some parts at c and m gear works when buying other stuff, but fortunately haven't had any major problems yet.

Was it an input shaft? I know they changed it from a 1-1/4 to a 1-3/8 somewhere and upgraded some other things I think in early 2000's

Thats what I've heard! I've seen some parts at c and m gear works when buying other stuff, but fortunately haven't had any major problems yet.

Was it an input shaft? I know they changed it from a 1-1/4 to a 1-3/8 somewhere and upgraded some other things I think in early 2000's
I traded my ‘02 in on my ‘06 (48RE in that one) before I could break it, but even back then parts were allegedly impossible to come by. I actually thought about picking up a spare one somewhere.

I traded my ‘02 in on my ‘06 (48RE in that one) before I could break it, but even back then parts were allegedly impossible to come by. I actually thought about picking up a spare one somewhere.
Seeing as I have 670km on my original one now, I'm doing everything possible to keep it running smooth. I've looked around and replacements are pricey.

I wouldn't say that 48RE wouldn't of been much more reliable!

Back