NuFinish to the rescue!

I hate to hear nufinish changed its formulation. It’s been my go-to for the older cars here, and actually did the best job with my white tundra the way its paint was aging. The newer cars get mothers, or a chemical brothers hybrid ceramic which has been surprisingly long-lasting. If NF has changed, I’m not sure there will be as much of a place for it here.

I hate to hear nufinish changed its formulation. It’s been my go-to for the older cars here, and actually did the best job with my white tundra the way its paint was aging. The newer cars get mothers, or a chemical brothers hybrid ceramic which has been surprisingly long-lasting. If NF has changed, I’m not sure there will be as much of a place for it here.
I can tell you the viscosity has changed. I don't know if the reformulation has changed the protection/durability of the product. I just bought a new bottle-but after that's gone I'm moving on to something else.

Has anyone on here ever used Chemical guys butter wet wax? or Auto magic banana magic? I'm looking for something for easy on and easy off. I have COPD and asthma. I'm looking to have my truck washed and to apply an easy on easy off car wax.. I usually bring it somewhere to be detailed. At the current time I cannot swing it..

Has anyone on here ever used Chemical guys butter wet wax? or Auto magic banana magic? I'm looking for something for easy on and easy off. I have COPD and asthma. I'm looking to have my truck washed and to apply an easy on easy off car wax.. I usually bring it somewhere to be detailed. At the current time I cannot swing it..
I would look at Griot's Ceramic Spray. Easy on, easy off and it'll last longer than one wash.

The 3 in 1?
The 3 in 1 sio2( ceramic).
I'll second it for ease of use and lasting longer than most spray waxes. Not as long as a top of the line paste. But far easier to apply more often. Good on vinyl , plastic and glass.

1643689540561.png

Does it actually bring plastic and vinyl to a shine?
I would not say a shine, but it beads water on the vinyl and it does not make a mess of it like a paste.

Edit: I've been using it on my truck. I'll continue unless @RooflessVW suggests something better.

Attachments

• IMG_20210808_201542865.jpg
    IMG_20210808_201542865.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210808_190642057.jpg
    IMG_20210808_190642057.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I would not say a shine, but it beads water on the vinyl and it does not make a mess of it like a paste.
Video on Griot's website says you have to use it on a freshly waxed car. Or it may leave streaks. I don't know if any of you experience that or not? It's probably been, about 8 months since I've had it to the detail shop.

Do you do any special procedure before putting it on, besides washing it.. I see some stuff on the video like claying it, to get the surface smooth.

One of my hobbies before being disabled was auto detailing. Always have gone overboard with anything I do if / when I could afford to. So I would buy "professional guide to auto detailing" books etc... and buy all kind of expensive polishes , waxes , (Liquid Glass / Collinite) cleaning products etc.... Then one day I found a bottle of "Nu Finish" I been having in garage. I used it and found ... its pretty darn good stuff. I have read the company been sold and changed the product so? I can say it was one of the easiest to remove. I can also say, that fine finish did not last near as long as they advertise.
Anyone interested and likes to detail your cars. Check out Griot's Garage. They sell all sorts of auto detailing products. Caution: they are proud of all they sell cause they are expensive.
I want to try the BOSS Fast Correcting Cream myself https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garag...d=1643795261&sprefix=boss+fast,aps,381&sr=8-3

Back