Not to be a bandwagon-jumper-onner, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

I really agree with a lot of people on here regarding things I've read in the past about Pennzoil Platinum. For the first time I used PP 5w30 in my '00 Volvo V70 and my engine has never sounded so quiet when starting on a cold day. It even sounds a little quieter when its warmed up, too. Oils I have used before are Valvoline Maxlife, Quaker State Synthetic, Amsoil, and maybe another I can't remember. But seriously, Pennzoil Platinum is great stuff, I think this is my new favorite oil. A friend of mine bought the PP for his BMW and then decided he wanted to go with what BMW recommended instead, so I bought the PP from him. Otherwise I would probably still be using Maxlife. Maybe I'm crazy but I think PP is the best oil I've ever tried in this car, so I'm gonna keep using it. Expect a UOA in the spring!

I didn't say it was better than anything. Just my personal findings in a particular vehicle. I'm sure this could vary greatly based on what car you have.

hal, congratulations on finding a good oil that you like. The PP bandwagon is a good wagon to ride on(especially with all the recent rebates and the very reasonable regular price at Walmart. The oil performs, your personal observations are valid to you and I thingkPP is as good as any OTC oil you can get at walmart. I am working on extending intervals with it in a 4.6 ford explorer. It hasn't given me reason to doubt its abilities yet.

Well, My cobalt has always been on SOPUS products ( QS dino, 1 M1 OCI), so I knew it was going to like PP....and the deal helped too....

what oci do you use it for currently? I was thinking of just doing my normal intervals of twice a year, or 6 months/6000 miles. perhaps i should go longer being that its a good full-synth?

First interval was a regular 5k with a UOA(it was 5qts PP with 1qt QS green bottle Ihad leftover) This complete over 5k miles with a TBN of 4.5. I am running it to 7500 this time(should be there real soon) and if the UOA on this rather severe inerval is good(this interval included a good bit of towing and city driving/short trips) I will go to 10k mile intervals with the PP5w20. (I could switch brand interchangeably with Castrol Syntec and M1 as I think they all perform about the same.

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
hal, congratulations on finding a good oil that you like. The PP bandwagon is a good wagon to ride on(especially with all the recent rebates and the very reasonable regular price at Walmart. The oil performs, your personal observations are valid to you and I thingkPP is as good as any OTC oil you can get at walmart.

+1, great oil for a great price, especially if you shop around for it. I got a lot of mine for much less than dino oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back