Not Cool!

92F, 52% Humidity, feels like 106F. And I just finished mowing the lawn...took about 1.5 hours.

Sorry for my neighbor, but next weekend I'll start at 6 AM 🤣

Last edited:
Push mower? You could get a riding mower, with a cup holder for a beverage, and ride fast enough to create a breeze. I mounted an LED light (not weak retrofit bulbs in the little headlight housings) on mine so I can mow when it gets cooler at sunset. I'm done before 10PM at the latest so the neighbors don't mind much.

52% humidity though, I only wish it were that low here. It's been closer to 70-80%.

Push mower? You could get a riding mower, with a cup holder for a beverage, and ride fast enough to create a breeze. I mounted an LED light (not weak retrofit bulbs in the little headlight housings) on mine so I can mow when it gets cooler at sunset. I'm done before 10PM at the latest so the neighbors don't mind much.

52% humidity though, I only wish it were that low here. It's been closer to 70-80%.
Self propelled Honda. Never been to where you’re from, but as we say in Florida (year round) , it’s hot as hell.

Self propelled Honda. Never been to where you’re from, but as we say in Florida (year round) , it’s hot as hell.
Back on Christmas 1989 the temperature dropped to 18* F in Tampa, FL. TECO was doing rolling blackouts. I made $1K's of $$$$ replacing water service lines. In FL. you only need to bury them a minimum of 6". PVC buried at 6" with temps at 18* F makes for some good money! :cool: ;)

Back on Christmas 1989 the temperature dropped to 18* F in Tampa, FL. TECO was doing rolling blackouts. I made $1K's of $$$$ replacing water service lines. In FL. you only need to bury them a minimum of 6". PVC buried at 6" with temps at 18* F makes for some good money! :cool: ;)
Those temps will never happen again in Florida.

Well - Death Valley just hit a record temp for August. Some think it may be the higher reliably recorded shade temperature ever. A lot of older records were using older mercury thermometers that may not have been as precise as modern equipment. The old record supposedly recorded in Libya was invalidated because of evidence that the reader might have not know what he was reading.

Death Valley famously holds the record for the hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth, which is 134 degrees. This record was set on July 10, 1913. However, that measurement is very much in question; an extensive analysis of that record conducted in 2016 by Christopher Burt, an expert on extreme weather data, concluded it was “essentially not possible from a meteorological perspective.”​
Some climatologists consider 129-degree readings recorded in Death Valley on June 30, 2013, and in Kuwait and Pakistan in 2016 and 2017, respectively, as the highest ever reliably measured on the planet. If only those readings are considered, then Sunday’s 130-degree temperature would unseat them as the highest measured.​

imrs.php

imrs.php

I'll be the naysayer here. Work and exercise in the hot sun will keep you in shape, if not in excellent shape. FWIW, I just relocated to south Florida.

Back