Not all Bolts come with DCFC - Why!!??

I love my Bolt. So does a friend who had a Bolt now a Bolt EUV.

I’m picky and satisfied with the base not Bose sound system.

I have been mostly charging at work and it doesn’t seem to lose any battery sitting at home overnight not plugged in.

Hope that helps.
I took my wife to see one yesterday, I think I posted someplace else. Dealer was closed but the car doors were open! Gosh it was so nice to be able to spend time checking out the car without a salesperson scoping you out. *LOL*

For me, it's a neat electronic but im used to 3 row SUVs so took some time to get used to not sitting in a living room or looking at a house size vehicle.
My first impression though was wow, inside the car feels so much larger than when you stand outside the car and look at it *LOL*
I kind of like it. it still blows my mind I am looking at such a small SUV/EUV not the standard non SUV though they look VERY similar.

Though its not for me, it would be for my wife to replace her Mazda 3 We dont have any urgency to buy or need a car other than its something new to buy. So I dont know what to do, my mind says forget about it for a couple more years. I tend to get caught up in wanting to or buying things because of forums sometimes. *LOL*

Ok, wife's impression, she thought it was cute, though she also likes MiniCoopers and (get this) that little I think discontinued Fiat car. (no, was never a possibility, she knows NEVER and not serious knowing how deficient they are)

Deep down I think I know she would love to have this Bolt, so much so I could most likely go there now and buy it and she will be thrilled. At the same time she is easy like that with buying things meaning doesnt need to have it. I think even for her the size took a minute or two to get over because we did quickly walk over to the Equinox's and check them out.

So bottom line, it's a cute LITTLE SUV. We were over all impressed with the fabric and leather seats, fit finish, really cool. Also popped the hood and checked it out. This was the LT1 version, very nice. There was ONE thing that might have swayed me to be more serious. It didnt have the optional BOSE sound system in this one. We did turn on the sound and it was really pretty darn good sounding, separate tweeters high up etc. But its a joke between me and her, her whole life, that premium sound system never came with the car that we bought (keeping in mind hers is really a second around two car)

SO ONE OTHER CONCERN that needs to be known. Im concerned enough to know how long it can sit unused without a cord attached to it. After reading about events and learning more about these EVs it seems the low power draw can be a deal killer for a car that sits around unplugged for a week or two and the low voltage draw significantly can run down the charge.
Her Mazda sits in the driveway sometimes for a week or more without being used, though I guess we can start using the garage as we get it cleaned up from last years move to our new house here.

Ps. Disclaimer. Im not buying a car, just have that sinking feeling because we really dont have a need for it yet. The Mazda really still is in perfect condition, inside and out, just dated looking.
On the flip side, Taxpayer is giving me $7,500 off my tax bill, the Mazda trade or sale would double that = cheap price for a new EV.
I know I am not going to do it, taking on too much, still getting settled in from the move and if it was only a little bigger. Time will tell maybe when the newer version comes out late 2024.
One other thing, are they still producing these 2023's ? Makes me wonder because I can still get the Bolt with the Bose sound system just by going to Chevy's website and ordering it to be picked up at the dealer near us. There seems to be a lot of them around, maybe they arent selling? Or they played catch up from the strike or they still are making them but keeping the 2023 designation until they come out with the Bolt and new battery pack or maybe just because it just turned 2024.
Who knows> ?

I love my Bolt. So does a friend who had a Bolt now a Bolt EUV.

I’m picky and satisfied with the base not Bose sound system.

I have been mostly charging at work and it doesn’t seem to lose any battery sitting at home overnight not plugged in.

Hope that helps.
Very cool, yeah, we are very picky about sound too and yes, the sound was better than we expected when I turned on the stereo.
It seems like everyone loves their Bolts. No doubt we would give it a try if we REALLY needed a vehicle right now.
I was surprised the stereo would even turn on, after all we didnt have a key fob our anything with us, or was there maybe one in the vehicle and could have took it for a ride even with the dealer closed ? *LOL*

Very cool, yeah, we are very picky about sound too and yes, the sound was better than we expected when I turned on the stereo.
It seems like everyone loves their Bolts. No doubt we would give it a try if we REALLY needed a vehicle right now.
I was surprised the stereo would even turn on, after all we didnt have a key fob our anything with us, or was there maybe one in the vehicle and could have took it for a ride even with the dealer closed ? *LOL*

I went used but if you go new now is the time. The Ultium version will probably cost more.

However if you do wait a couple years and get the upcoming Ultium version you’ll most likely get faster DCFC (current Bolt is limited to 55kw) and so far all Ultium cars have heat pumps so if you live in a very cold climate it might be better.

I went used but if you go new now is the time. The Ultium version will probably cost more.

However if you do wait a couple years and get the upcoming Ultium version you’ll most likely get faster DCFC (current Bolt is limited to 55kw) and so far all Ultium cars have heat pumps so if you live in a very cold climate it might be better.
Yeah, that was on my mind, I am sure the new one will cost more. Charging speed won't matter to us.
Heck I slow charge my iPhone on purpose *LOL* and recently was looking for a slower way to charge my watch *LOL*

@dogememe
Thought you might get a kick out of this. This is for a Bolt EUV LT2
I guess they are still selling, not that you have to buy this car, they can be found without this obnoxious markup.
IN fact the dealer has an LT1 with only a $200 mark up for nitrogen filled tires... my god *LOL*
(and read my note below)
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 11.07.28 AM.png

Also there are 12 available direct from GM "Ship to Dealer" at the end of the month. I assume you would pay the sticker price because it seems like you can order it right now and "pick up" the end of the month.
Disclaimer again, Im not buying one at this point in time.

Last edited:
I took my wife to see one yesterday, I think I posted someplace else. Dealer was closed but the car doors were open! Gosh it was so nice to be able to spend time checking out the car without a salesperson scoping you out. *LOL*

For me, it's a neat electronic but im used to 3 row SUVs so took some time to get used to not sitting in a living room or looking at a house size vehicle.
My first impression though was wow, inside the car feels so much larger than when you stand outside the car and look at it *LOL*
I kind of like it. it still blows my mind I am looking at such a small SUV/EUV not the standard non SUV though they look VERY similar.

Though its not for me, it would be for my wife to replace her Mazda 3 We dont have any urgency to buy or need a car other than its something new to buy. So I dont know what to do, my mind says forget about it for a couple more years. I tend to get caught up in wanting to or buying things because of forums sometimes. *LOL*

Ok, wife's impression, she thought it was cute, though she also likes MiniCoopers and (get this) that little I think discontinued Fiat car. (no, was never a possibility, she knows NEVER and not serious knowing how deficient they are)

Deep down I think I know she would love to have this Bolt, so much so I could most likely go there now and buy it and she will be thrilled. At the same time she is easy like that with buying things meaning doesnt need to have it. I think even for her the size took a minute or two to get over because we did quickly walk over to the Equinox's and check them out.

So bottom line, it's a cute LITTLE SUV. We were over all impressed with the fabric and leather seats, fit finish, really cool. Also popped the hood and checked it out. This was the LT1 version, very nice. There was ONE thing that might have swayed me to be more serious. It didnt have the optional BOSE sound system in this one. We did turn on the sound and it was really pretty darn good sounding, separate tweeters high up etc. But its a joke between me and her, her whole life, that premium sound system never came with the car that we bought (keeping in mind hers is really a second around two car)

SO ONE OTHER CONCERN that needs to be known. Im concerned enough to know how long it can sit unused without a cord attached to it. After reading about events and learning more about these EVs it seems the low power draw can be a deal killer for a car that sits around unplugged for a week or two and the low voltage draw significantly can run down the charge.
Her Mazda sits in the driveway sometimes for a week or more without being used, though I guess we can start using the garage as we get it cleaned up from last years move to our new house here.

Ps. Disclaimer. Im not buying a car, just have that sinking feeling because we really dont have a need for it yet. The Mazda really still is in perfect condition, inside and out, just dated looking.
On the flip side, Taxpayer is giving me $7,500 off my tax bill, the Mazda trade or sale would double that = cheap price for a new EV.
I know I am not going to do it, taking on too much, still getting settled in from the move and if it was only a little bigger. Time will tell maybe when the newer version comes out late 2024.
One other thing, are they still producing these 2023's ? Makes me wonder because I can still get the Bolt with the Bose sound system just by going to Chevy's website and ordering it to be picked up at the dealer near us. There seems to be a lot of them around, maybe they arent selling? Or they played catch up from the strike or they still are making them but keeping the 2023 designation until they come out with the Bolt and new battery pack or maybe just because it just turned 2024.
Who knows> ?
The Bolt isn’t my strong suit. There’s definitely others here that will know more than I do on it. I’m not sure on its parasitic drain, though depending on settings and how the car manages it that could be a concern. If I was in that situation with our current car I’d set a charge limiter and keep it plugged in. That may not be the most convenient situation if you’re not able to park it in a spot that is able to charge.

Hard to say what’s going on with orders and deliveries and I wouldn’t be surprised if their initial plan to cancel them has caused some internal issues now since that’s no longer the case.

Back