not a cat person...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow

Haha I wonder if he's protecting the fish or waiting for dinner :p That's a GREAT picture!! My cat and my two turtles like to play with each other.

LOL, Salem takes a better pic on top of the fish tank, just checked, I haven't done one.

Been a couple of times that He and Gandalf (the grey one you quoted) have been up there together.

Salem, the black cat is two stone lighter than he was this time last week.

He looks a bit knackered to me - I'm sure he'll turn in to a fat lazy cat in no time.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Haha I wonder if he's protecting the fish or waiting for dinner :p That's a GREAT picture!! My cat and my two turtles like to play with each other.

Any cat person realizes that neither is true; spots of warmth are often sought out by cats.

Good chance the water is heated or the top is warm due to the light fixture.

That is 'contentment' not 'stalking'

Yes,
heated...although the grey one does swat at them until she settles down for a nap.

Cats seek warm spots...this window is uncomfortably warm by my standards,
but they love it.

And at the moment cool spots. In summer my cat hardly comes inside, he finds a cool spot outside somewhere.

vet reckons that the orange one is 4 months old (still has baby teeth) versus Salem

I prefer dogs, but they are WAY too much work and we can't leave them alone for 2-3 days when we ski...we got two cats from a shelter about 10 years ago.
One of them passed away while we were off in Florida recently and my wife can't stop crying. He was a friendly boy and, like many fixed male cats, a little too interested in food. I used to think he must have been part dog because he liked to play fetch, but he seemed to forget about the bringing it back part as he got older.
The person minding the cats in our absence said it seemed like he laid down for a nap and just never got up, guess we will never know why he died when he wasn't even that old...I did mention his weight before, though. He wasn't immense, but the vets generally did recommend to get his weight down. He would just follow us around and yowl incessantly when we did limit his intake, plus he usually ended up with part of our other cat's food (she barely eats at all) unless we watched him like a hawk. We did get him down 1-2 pounds from his peak weight, but maybe he was still too big.
The house feels much different with just one small and quiet cat! She is really only super friendly with me so my wife and daughter really miss the big guy.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

It likes the noise.

The Keeks checking out the record I was opening the other evening. She always like to "conquer and claim" the shipping boxes they come in haha.

Cats are their own creatures, not really social or hierarchical, near-wild semi domesticated animals who have decided to interact with people for reasons of their own. The are friendly on their own terms. They are a manifestation of nature, of a "being" in an almost true form. Furthermore, they are a form of being that looks at a human being, and approves.

full-688-18807-20180124_191453.jpg

Come a long way in 3 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back