Norway: 80% new cars are electric

It goes without saying that mankind itself has been, and continues to be, extremely arrogant in believing we have that much control over the weather, and climate in general by what we will and won't "allow".

Yes, we've established much tighter control over how we keep from polluting our environment today, than we did 50 years ago. And that is good....... But only up to a certain point.

Far too many people have been duped into believing we can actually control, what they so love to refer to as, "Climate Change".

The fact is the climate has been changing in temperature up and down the scale since the Earth was formed. And to think that mankind can actually change the course of this overall outcome, is in itself ridiculous to say the least.

Especially when you have just a few countries participating...... While nations like India, China, along with many others, are using the planet as a toilet bowl. We all breathe the same air.

It does absolutely no good for the planet as a whole, for a few nations to be so involved in this, while others don't care, (and never will), and do as they please.

Everyone on the globe has to be on board, (which will NEVER happen), or we are spinning our wheels with feel good, political antics that are designed around dollars, and nothing more.

If Al Gore proved anything, he proved that..... And he still has people listening to him, most everywhere he shows up to spout his never ending blather and B.S.

A friend has a 12KW grid-tie solar array on his intracoastal (Palm Beach Florida) home. Even with the very poor FPL solar power program, he charges his 3 electric cars and runs his AC all day without paying anybody. So, in essence, he looks at it as a way to avoid paying for gasoline and for power when the sun is shining and the AC running.

From a nerdy point of view, I have to agree. He accomplished his goals perfectly. However, he is quite wealthy and a project like this is done "just because he can". His Model S and X, Leaf and electric motorcycle, along with the solar array total in the 1/4 million $ range.

However, let's be honest about it. Even if you DIY the solar, the cost to be free from purchasing energy, is staggering.

Might want to read up on acid rain and the ozone layer. There was a lot done to reverse the damage to the ozone layer by not throwing nasty chemicals in the air. Similar with acid rain. There's a reason why these didn't happen.
I could care less about CO2, just keep government out of my pocket. CO2 is a great talking point for anyone who wants to promote a technology they fancy while ignoring the reasons and also using other subjects like the ozone and local acid rain as examples which has nothing to do with global CO2 control.

First let me explain myself I could care less how hot the earth gets, nothing is written in stone regarding CO2 even the scientific community still debates the cause and effects.
One effect will be food crops do grow better in a higher CO2 environment, so does every living plant and tree.
We still are not sure how much earth is warming due to greater sun activity vs CO2. Which is still ok.

Thing is, keep them out of my paycheck and pocketbook! *LOL* That is all I care about. Earth will survive no matter what but to be ignorantly blaming global warming on every major storm is retarded.

For example, the Atlantic Hurricane season is getting very much more intense do to Atlantic Ocean Warming, well, ok? So? That is life dont live to close to the ocean, I dont want to pay for it so someone living near the ocean 150 years from now may have less CO2 in the atmosphere and while investors get rich off of my paycheck.

But here is the kicker, A NOAA Scientist published just around a year ago that Atlantic Coastal Ocean Warming is taking place because of the large reduction in air pollution of the last few decades. No longer is particulate pollution reflecting some of the suns rays hitting the ocean. https://www.nola.com/news/environme...cle_b755b902-d159-11ec-992c-6f447909cc52.html

It's all good but talk is cheap, real cheap. I NEVER ever run across anyone who is honest and informed promoting and getting the USA down to a massive effort to remove fossil fuels from the electric grid. I never see a massive effort by government to cut down waste in government buildings right down to the lighting of skyscrapers and Washington monuments.
SO the voters go along with this garbage pushed on them, yet not smart enough to question why are we not starting from the top down? Why is it the lowest income levels forced into agendas that are not questioned like the above? Answer because no one questions the above.

Another top down example, let's ban red meat, stop farming cows and cattle because of their CO2 emissions! *LOL* In the gas they fart.
Well I got a better idea, tax everyone a health insurance premium for every 10lbs they are over on their BMI charts!. Geez, two birds with one stone, less need for animal products and a MASSIVE reduction in health care costs.

Im good with everything, the public is and always will be out to lunch until they are pushed to far. Ill take all I can get from this planet because I was born a free individual and just because people are becoming powerful and stupid rich by fancy sounding reasons on social media means nothing to me until the day we start from the top down, not the bottom up.
Want electric cars forced on the population, first get rid of fossil fuels in the electric grid that will charge them. Then come talk to me, that would be never.

Last edited:
Electric cars are popular due to lack of import taxes, lower road and annual tax and even with high energy prices they are cheaper to run than ICE vehicles. And in most places they are allowed to use bus lanes, great way to beat the traffic. So not only they are cheaper to run, they can save you time and as a bonus EVs have a lot of power so they are quite fast too. I know because i live there.

I could care less about CO2, just keep government out of my pocket. CO2 is a great talking point for anyone who wants to promote a technology they fancy while ignoring the reasons and also using other subjects like the ozone and local acid rain as examples which has nothing to do with global CO2 control.

First let me explain myself I could care less how hot the earth gets, nothing is written in stone regarding CO2 even the scientific community still debates the cause and effects.
One effect will be food crops do grow better in a higher CO2 environment, so does every living plant and tree.
We still are not sure how much earth is warming due to greater sun activity vs CO2. Which is still ok.

Thing is, keep them out of my paycheck and pocketbook! *LOL* That is all I care about. Earth will survive no matter what but to be ignorantly blaming global warming on every major storm is retarded.

For example, the Atlantic Hurricane season is getting very much more intense do to Atlantic Ocean Warming, well, ok? So? That is life dont live to close to the ocean, I dont want to pay for it so someone living near the ocean 150 years from now may have less CO2 in the atmosphere and while investors get rich off of my paycheck.

But here is the kicker, A NOAA Scientist published just around a year ago that Atlantic Coastal Ocean Warming is taking place because of the large reduction in air pollution of the last few decades. No longer is particulate pollution reflecting some of the suns rays hitting the ocean. https://www.nola.com/news/environme...cle_b755b902-d159-11ec-992c-6f447909cc52.html

It's all good but talk is cheap, real cheap. I NEVER ever run across anyone who is honest and informed promoting and getting the USA down to a massive effort to remove fossil fuels from the electric grid. I never see a massive effort by government to cut down waste in government buildings right down to the lighting of skyscrapers and Washington monuments.
SO the voters go along with this garbage pushed on them, yet not smart enough to question why are we not starting from the top down? Why is it the lowest income levels forced into agendas that are not questioned like the above? Answer because no one questions the above.

Another top down example, let's ban red meat, stop farming cows and cattle because of their CO2 emissions! *LOL* In the gas they fart.
Well I got a better idea, tax everyone a health insurance premium for every 10lbs they are over on their BMI charts!. Geez, two birds with one stone, less need for animal products and a MASSIVE reduction in health care costs.

Im good with everything, the public is and always will be out to lunch until they are pushed to far. Ill take all I can get from this planet because I was born a free individual and just because people are becoming powerful and stupid rich by fancy sounding reasons on social media means nothing to me until the day we start from the top down, not the bottom up.
Want electric cars forced on the population, first get rid of fossil fuels in the electric grid that will charge them. Then come talk to me, that would be never.
I will agree with you that the "fixes" for CO2 haven't appeared to be a solution to get rid of it, more than an inconvenience tax. There's got to be a better way to deal with it. Personally I don't know much effect CO2 has on the environment and obviously CO2 does occur naturally, but if there is a net negative effect of CO2 on the environment, burning fuels exponentially increases CO2. Anything we do to change our world could negatively affect things. I'm sure it's even possible that we could something that would inadvertently have net positives.

The red meat ban reminds me of the Ron White joke "what are you doing for the environment?" I'm eating the cow!

You know me, I love cars in general. I don't think we have anything to gain by banning anything. If anything I wonder if it should take a commercial license to drive a 9,000lb EV Hummer.

A friend has a 12KW grid-tie solar array on his intracoastal (Palm Beach Florida) home. Even with the very poor FPL solar power program, he charges his 3 electric cars and runs his AC all day without paying anybody. So, in essence, he looks at it as a way to avoid paying for gasoline and for power when the sun is shining and the AC running.

From a nerdy point of view, I have to agree. He accomplished his goals perfectly. However, he is quite wealthy and a project like this is done "just because he can". His Model S and X, Leaf and electric motorcycle, along with the solar array total in the 1/4 million $ range.

However, let's be honest about it. Even if you DIY the solar, the cost to be free from purchasing energy, is staggering.
Out of curiosity - I dabbled with “minimum kit” for a stand alone solar/Tesla plugin … Unfortunately these websites quickly morph into sales sites before you even get basic info …
(must input personal data) 🙄

It may be interesting to note that to "green" the desert, the simple application of fresh water is insufficient. As the soil cannot support life for extended periods of time. What is required is LIVESTOCK, and in some areas, cows are a good solution. In others, different livestock are required.

Out of curiosity - I dabbled with “minimum kit” for a stand alone solar/Tesla plugin … Unfortunately these websites quickly morph into sales sites before you even get basic info …
(must input personal data) 🙄
Will Prowse on YouTube has a few DIY methods for doing this. Kind of neat in a nerdy way!

Reactions: 4WD
Today's solar is pretty cheap, the real cost is the labor to build them into the roof in small scale and tie them to the grid buying and selling at a very different price after net metering is changed to whole sale price instead of retail price, or, using battery to store them.

I think it makes sense to put solar on the roof if you have a way to use it immediately, like policy to encourage EV charging at work with solar covered parking spot, solar powered AC in hot climate, smart control appliances to follow your solar output (laundry dryer), etc. Storing them in battery to use at night seems a bit wrong to me, unless you are so far off the grid it makes sense not to connect you in the first place (rural powerline causes most of our wildfire these days, if we use storage there we can take out the powerline and reduce fire risk).

EV is a mobile battery, perfect in soaking up all the excessive power whenever they are wherever they are.

The fact is the climate has been changing in temperature up and down the scale since the Earth was formed. And to think that mankind can actually change the course of this overall outcome, is in itself ridiculous to say the least.
The thought police should be knocking at your door anytime now...

norway is hypocrite.
like you say- they built wealth on oil, and now they play the "the clean guy theatre" forcing ev and what not.
i criticize this behavior- keeping home clean, but don´t caring about pile of dirt behind the fence (selling oil)..
if really caring about enviroment, how about fully stop selling oil.?
These green guy, good guy, CO2 neutral is only for the show. New way to produce more money and CO2 credits.

So 12,000 watts charges all of that and cools the house? He must not drive much and have a small house will little cooling load.

Time for some math.....

Back