Non fat Greek yogurt vs whole milk Greek yogurt🤔

So if I’m trying to lose weight which I am still and succeeding; is no fat Greek better than whole milk Greek? Thank You sir
My Wife says cut out Wheat and Corn and gluten, and don't worry about natural fats and meats.

Me, I like hearty bread. My downfall.

Yogurt: high or Full fat yogurt. Find a brand that works with your gut. I only eat it now and then
when my gut gets unbalanced. FAGE 5% or 2% is the best taste and texture, but the probiotics dont work with my gut.
The Chobani complete seems to do the trick and no spoon required!

It all depends on your gut. Trust your gut!

Also a teaspoon of plain Metamucil in a class of water once or twice a month to keep the lower gut working.

The above comments do not constitute medical or health advice - even though they do :)

cho complete.jpg

full fat plain greek of course because it slows absorption as whey protein SPIKES blood sugar!! healthy fats + even saturated fats satisfy for longer making fasting easier!! bitterness is a sign of good bacteria so more bitter is better as noted by Dr Davis a former cardiologist who debunks many outdated beliefs!!

My Wife says cut out Wheat and Corn and gluten, and don't worry about natural fats and meats.

Me, I like hearty bread. My downfall.

Yogurt: high or Full fat yogurt. Find a brand that works with your gut. I only eat it now and then
when my gut gets unbalanced. FAGE 5% or 2% is the best taste and texture, but the probiotics dont work with my gut.
The Chobani complete seems to do the trick and no spoon required!

It all depends on your gut. Trust your gut!

Also a teaspoon of plain Metamucil in a class of water once or twice a month to keep the lower gut working.

The above comments do not constitute medical or health advice - even though they do :)

View attachment 64820
Don’t get rid of gluten, that is the healthiest part of wheat. Why remove the protein?

full fat plain greek of course because it slows absorption as whey protein SPIKES blood sugar!! healthy fats + even saturated fats satisfy for longer making fasting easier!! bitterness is a sign of good bacteria so more bitter is better as noted by Dr Davis a former cardiologist who debunks many outdated beliefs!!
Some general truth here.
whey protein SPIKES blood sugar!
Gonna need a cite here. Never heard this before. In fact searching the internet seems to say quite the opposite.

Hello again folks. What is the general consensus on no fat Greek yogurt vs plain whole milk Greek yogurt? I personally use Chobani non fat Greek plain yogurt. Thank You in advance
The whole milk Greek yogurt is nutritionally superior. The higher fat content means it's more filling than the no-fat version.

Some general truth here.

Gonna need a cite here. Never heard this before. In fact searching the internet seems to say quite the opposite.
Greek yogurt is strained yogurt with most of the whey removed. The whey contains protein and lactose (milk sugar). Greek yogurt causes less of a glucose spike and insulin spike than regular yogurt. Only talking about plain white here.

Greek yogurt is strained yogurt with most of the whey removed. The whey contains protein and lactose (milk sugar). Greek yogurt causes less of a glucose spike and insulin spike than regular yogurt. Only talking about plain white here.
OK

But the claim very specifically is, and I quote: "whey protein SPIKES blood sugar".

Whey protein does not cause a spike in blood sugar. Pure and simple.

If there is data that says otherwise, I have asked above for a citation of said data. Your response quoting me is a bit nonsensical in this context.

OK

But the claim very specifically is, and I quote: "whey protein SPIKES blood sugar".

Whey protein does not cause a spike in blood sugar. Pure and simple.

If there is data that says otherwise, I have asked above for a citation of said data. Your response quoting me is a bit nonsensical in this context.
Any protein does raise blood sugar very little. My point was that unless whey isolate is consumed, there will also be lactose along with the whey protein and that will raise your blood sugar. I won't say "spike" because that will depend on the quantity consumed and the individual. Some people's sugar spikes just reading the word "carbs."

Dr William Davis author of wheat belly ETC notes modern wheat is NOTHING like it was years ago. you can view some free vids on his web site noting in detail how BAD todays grains really are + US national library of medicine backs it up!! a simple search for "modern wheat" will produce LOTS of reading

Last edited:

GREAT MOVIE.

I know they are right. Wife fights that point of view (she was in the health profession). THAT MOVIE WON HER OVER.

Here's the thing. A1c was ~7.8. Now 6 or so. 4 MONTHS!

Sugar, processed carbs, carbs............just GET out for my life. No need. I still eat plenty of vegetative material.

This movie though.......GOV never going to admit they are wrong wrong wrong. Thanks for posting that. I owe you one.

autumn-lots of ripe fruits... when i eat a handful, again the allergy symptoms come back... :(
few days on a meaty diet, and i´m repaired.

Fage is one of the few naturally strained yogurts vs some brands that use gelatin or pectin to thicken. The Fage non-fat is thick and creamy

Back