Non Detergent motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy's got a gallon of this sitting around want to get rid of it anyone see a problem with mixing it in some fuel for added lubricity for my personal tractors? i don't, maybe a oz per gal?

either that or i take it to work for chain lube....

I don't see a problem since I add used motor oil and transmission fluid into my diesel tank. I filter it then add 6 oz per fill up typically, tank is only 8 gallons.

Never tried that, but if I was to i'd use the same dosage recommendation as TCW-3 - 1 oz. per 5 gallons of gasoline.

If your tractors are diesel, then you could probably up that a little.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Use it as top up oil

I'd rather not do that have lots of HDEO for that.
Originally Posted By: lexus114
I think Lawn mowers can safely use it as well. They used to recommend non detergent motor oil.

thanks but same thing as above..
Originally Posted By: Scooter_man
Never tried that, but if I was to i'd use the same dosage recommendation as TCW-3 - 1 oz. per 5 gallons of gasoline.

If your tractors are diesel, then you could probably up that a little.

Yes diesel,you think one oz per gal is to rich?

Originally Posted By: daman

you think one oz per gal is to rich?

No, I have added roughly 1 quart to 8 gallons, increased smoke at startup and while in operation under heavy load otherwise no difference.

To recap I have been running filtered #2 heating oil circa 2004 with used motor oil/atf combo along with Lucas UCL and/or TC-W3 depending on my mood. Most of which is simply to use up material.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
Originally Posted By: daman

you think one oz per gal is to rich?

No, I have added roughly 1 quart to 8 gallons, increased smoke at startup and while in operation under heavy load otherwise no difference.

To recap I have been running filtered #2 heating oil circa 2004 with used motor oil/atf combo along with Lucas UCL and/or TC-W3 depending on my mood. Most of which is simply to use up material.

Thanks TAN,,i dug out my old manual to one of them and it states for added protection during long storage periods you can mix 1 qt to 5 gals but that seems rich,i don't want to risk carbon build up?

so maybe a oz or two to a gal may be good..

I was running between 100/1 and 200/1 in my Toyota SAE 30 ND WPP stuff( bought for tranny fluid "thinning" and never used) and that did a number on the FI system after a couple tanks - took three tanks to clean er up. It did run great SOTP at first though. AND NO, dont put it in you mower. ND means no zddp too. Just straight oil (blend).

Daman, sure - 1 oz. per gallon should be no problem. Try it and if it smokes a little too much for your preference (it shouldn't at that dosage) then lower it on the next tank.

Experiment and have fun.
19.gif

Last edited:
Yea i will thanks like i said just didn't want to go to heavy and risk maybe piston/injector carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back