Nokian announces One tire

Nope.
They rank for me right down Kumho line. Except they charge like it is Michelin. The Liqui Moly of tire world.
Maybe when talking about winter tires, but not the One (or Entyre or any of their other lines except the Hakkapeliitta. Right now if I look up 225/50/18 tires for my Taos, the Crossclimate2 is $220/tire. The Nokian One is $164/tire. The Kumho Solus TA71 which is the closest Kumho tire to the One is $160. This is true for their other lines as well. So even if your assertion that they are as "bad" as Kumhos is true, the "pricing" comment is still wrong. So in reality you're incorrect on both counts.

Maybe when talking about winter tires, but not the One (or Entyre or any of their other lines except the Hakkapeliitta. Right now if I look up 225/50/18 tires for my Taos, the Crossclimate2 is $220/tire. The Nokian One is $164/tire. The Kumho Solus TA71 which is the closest Kumho tire to the One is $160. This is true for their other lines as well. So even if your assertion that they are as "bad" as Kumhos is true, the "pricing" comment is still wrong. So in reality you're incorrect on both counts.
Oh well, then they priced some where they belong.

Paid $505 out the door with install and disposal for the Nokian One. 225/50r17 98V. Michelin Defender which would be an equivalent 80K Touring Tire would be $716. Continental Pure Contact $698. Michelin Crossclimate 2 $776. General Alitmax Rt43 $616.

While time will tell if they are as solid as the tires above, but I would imagine they would be as good if not a little better than the General. Which are a very solid Touring Tire for 95% of the public. Kumho does not make a tire for my car past 65K mile warranty. Even Kumho's were more.

Right now if I was to buy new non-winter tires for my Taos (which I'm tempted to do come spring because the factory Goodyear Assurance Finesse tires are weak in the rain to put it politely) it would be a hard choice between the Hankook Kinergy 4S2, which is a less expensive tire similar to the Crossclimate2, which got very high ratings from Tyre Reviews,

but is too new in the US for tirerack to test it yet, and the Nokian One.

In either case I would be looking for a good all weather tire to save money on winter changovers, since that's about $220 annually.

Right now if I was to buy new non-winter tires for my Taos (which I'm tempted to do come spring because the factory Goodyear Assurance Finesse tires are weak in the rain to put it politely) it would be a hard choice between the Hankook Kinergy 4S2, which is a less expensive tire similar to the Crossclimate2, which got very high ratings from Tyre Reviews,

but is too new in the US for tirerack to test it yet, and the Nokian One.

In either case I would be looking for a good all weather tire to save money on winter changovers, since that's about $220 annually.

THe reason why Tyre Reviews didn't include the Nokian One is not because it's too new. It doesn't fit in the category that he's testing.

For context, the European All-season tire is equivalent to the North American All-weather tire market.

THe reason why Tyre Reviews didn't include the Nokian One is not because it's too new. It doesn't fit in the category that he's testing.

For context, the European All-season tire is equivalent to the North American All-weather tire market.
I was referring to Tire Rack not testing the 4S2 yet because its too new in the US, I am aware the One is a North American market tire and is an uncommon type for Europe.

I was referring to Tire Rack not testing the 4S2 yet because its too new in the US, I am aware the One is a North American market tire and is an uncommon type for Europe.
I doubt it. TireRack has done some testing on the CC2 and the General Altimax 365AW, which are newer to market tires than the Kinergy 4S2. TireRack doesn't carry the complete lineup of Hankook tires, and they only test the tires they want to sell.

I doubt it. TireRack has done some testing on the CC2 and the General Altimax 365AW, which are newer to market tires than the Kinergy 4S2. TireRack doesn't carry the complete lineup of Hankook tires, and they only test the tires they want to sell.
Guess we'll see, they do sell the 4S2 but its relatively new on there (only a couple reviews indicates such) so they probably haven't gotten around to it yet. I bet we'll see it next year. (edit: I meant this year of course)

UPDATE:
I literally just got an email from Nokian, that sounds pretty swell:

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing balance issues with your Nokian Tyres. While we do not recommend a specific RFV value or range, a tire that cannot be balanced would be eligible for replacement under the terms of our limited warranty. Our warranty is administered through our network of local dealers. You would need to bring your original proof of purchase, along with the vehicle in, where they would evaluate the issue and perform the replacement if necessary.

To find an official retailer in your area: https://www.nokiantires.com/where-to-buy/dealer-locator/

For full details on our limited warranty: https://www.nokiantires.com/consumer-promises/nokian-tyres-limited-warranty/

Priority Tire is not an authorized reseller of Nokian Tyres. They would not be able to offer warranty assistance. Also, Nokian Tyres does not sell any sort of inferior rated tire to any reseller. All of our tires are built to the same high standards. In the rare cases where issues do arise, we aim to help fix the issue so you can experience the best ride possible.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
Warranty Department
Hey for what its worth, my Nokian One tires did not "feel" balanced when I left the tire shop - I did watch them balance all 4 so yes they were balanced....so I brought them back to have them checked...
The result was awesome - the Nokians are sooo stiff, that they do not mount NOR bead seat easily and so mine were all not 100% seated so tire shop dis-mounted, generous bead sealed and re-mounted and they finally all "slipped" into seating and they took same amount of weight to balance as before using thee most primitive of all tire balancers. Smooth as silk result and are good enough tires for me to buy another when needed since they are awesome in the snow up until 5/32" tread depth so far. My tire size is 195/65R15 and was made in USA.

I now have about 12,000 miles on them, and just did a rotation, putting the 2 worst tires on the front. They seem to have balanced themselves out, because they actually ride fine, with no vibrations until you hit around 95 mph (obviously that means no problems for daily driving). They are wearing perfectly, with two still showing the 80% tread indicator, and 2 just wore that off. My Jaguar wears down the rear tires more than the front.

I have also driven them through 4 deep snow, and mixed slush/slippery stuff, and they did pretty good for all-season. A tad better than I expected, but obviously not as well as the WR G4 did. So far so good!
...The Nokian dealer I got my One 's from told me eventually they would have bead "seated" on their own. They are great in 2" to 5" snow thus far!

Back