Nokian announces One tire

I agree, and have inquired about that in an email (no response).

Since these were Road Forced new and undriven, I am waiting to see how they work out after a bit of driving. So far they are showing no problems, but have the worse ones on the back. They did remount the higher ones for optimum balance, but the rims were perfect already, so it didn't change anything. I will try the 39 one on the front and see just how bad it is. Sometimes they get better when driven.

If they do turn out unacceptable, I will be throwing it through Nokian's window. Supposed to have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, though the fine print says "when purchased from authorized dealer." Priority Tire online is not listed as one.

UPDATE:
I literally just got an email from Nokian, that sounds pretty swell:

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing balance issues with your Nokian Tyres. While we do not recommend a specific RFV value or range, a tire that cannot be balanced would be eligible for replacement under the terms of our limited warranty. Our warranty is administered through our network of local dealers. You would need to bring your original proof of purchase, along with the vehicle in, where they would evaluate the issue and perform the replacement if necessary.

To find an official retailer in your area: https://www.nokiantires.com/where-to-buy/dealer-locator/

For full details on our limited warranty: https://www.nokiantires.com/consumer-promises/nokian-tyres-limited-warranty/

Priority Tire is not an authorized reseller of Nokian Tyres. They would not be able to offer warranty assistance. Also, Nokian Tyres does not sell any sort of inferior rated tire to any reseller. All of our tires are built to the same high standards. In the rare cases where issues do arise, we aim to help fix the issue so you can experience the best ride possible.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
Warranty Department

Try 39er in the front. If you feel vibration then you know that there will be a problem if you try front - rear rotation.
Fix it sooner rather than later.

If car vibrates after the move check witch Nokian dealer has RFB machine and use them.
If none they would need to trust your installer and do the warranty based on somebody's else numbers.

Good luck.

Krzyś

PS I had issues with General G-MAX RS and one tire refused to be balanced. Replacement fixed the vibration.

Try 39er in the front. If you feel vibration then you know that there will be a problem if you try front - rear rotation.
Fix it sooner rather than later.

If car vibrates after the move check witch Nokian dealer has RFB machine and use them.
If none they would need to trust your installer and do the warranty based on somebody's else numbers.

Good luck.

Krzyś

PS I had issues with General G-MAX RS and one tire refused to be balanced. Replacement fixed the vibration.
Will do! Currently they have about 300 miles of highway on them.

As noted, there are not many reviews of this tire. Put them on a Volvo S80. Had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ on the car and down to 4/5 32nds. Live in the Pacific Northwest so when you get to 4/32nds and heavy rain it's time for new tires. It's hard to compare to the Pilots which were a really good tire because they are apples to oranges. Touring All Season with the Nokian's from Ultra High Performance for the Michelin. So as expected the car felt tighter to the road with the Michelin's. Not saying the Nokian is bad, just a different feel and really it should be. My preference....on the Volvo S80 the Nokian. Smooth and quiet. Excellent in the rain.

Trying to remember when the Michelins were new. Wet weather - Nokian. Quiet - Nokian. Handling - Michelin. Comfort - Nokian. Confidence - Nokian but not because of the handling which Michelin wins, but because on wet roads the Nokian is better and I am not testing the limits of the Volvo's Gforces. Ha! It's an S80 which is more of a country cruiser than Fast and Furious.

I would recommend them in a heartbeat. I would also recommend the Michelin's but for more sporty feeling. 99% of the time I need a tire that is quiet, confident, and handles rain well. Nokian checks those boxes. Michelin was not always quiet depending on the road surface. Not bad, just noisier. Michelin was great but the Nokian meets my needs, which is probably like 90% of what most people need.

When my XC60 needs tires I will get them over the Michelin's I currently have on the XC60 as well.

Been using Nokian Entyres for quite a number of years on the van, in the summer. Winter is a set of (now worn out, last season) hakka 2s. I have no idea why someone would go out of their way to buy these. They are 3 season tires at best and don't have a snowflake symbol for anyone with some form of actual winter. There are plenty of all-weather tires that would be better for year round use, and plenty of other all seasons for places without winter. Nokian should stick to what they do best...winter tires. I wouldn't buy these or Entyres again.

Been using Nokian Entyres for quite a number of years on the van, in the summer. Winter is a set of (now worn out, last season) hakka 2s. I have no idea why someone would go out of their way to buy these. They are 3 season tires at best and don't have a snowflake symbol for anyone with some form of actual winter. There are plenty of all-weather tires that would be better for year round use, and plenty of other all seasons for places without winter. Nokian should stick to what they do best...winter tires. I wouldn't buy these or Entyres again.
So they make good winter tires but you don't think they can make good all season...? I genuinely don't understand your point? More choices are always good and these seem to be pretty solid all-season touring tires.

So they make good winter tires but you don't think they can make good all season...? I genuinely don't understand your point? More choices are always good and these seem to be pretty solid all-season touring tires.
Their R2 are last Nokian tires I bought. Actually I don’t want anyone parking in my driveway on Nokian.
I had three of their winter tires through years, always thinking: ok, maybe they got better, but nope.
So, not sure about that winter tyre argument.

I've used several sets of Nokian tires and while I would agree that certainly their winter tires and all weather tires are terrific performers in snow, I have also used non-winter and non-all weather Nokian brand tires that were good and well above average as far as snow performance is concerned. I would be inclined to used the Nokian One tires if they are as quiet as many have suggested because my last set of WRG4 tires, while amazing in snow, were very noisy at highway speeds.

I have a set of Nokian One tires on my E350. The owner of a local tire store sold me on them. This is my first set of Nokian. I usually drive on Continental or Michelin, with Bridgestone for winter tires on my wife's Outback.

For the most part I've been satisfied with the One tires, but I wouldn't say they are all that the tire store owner sold me on. Only a few months after installing the One tires, I had an experience that made me wish I was back on a set of Continentals.

While on an open stretch of road in central Utah, I had a Super Duty pulling a stock trailer start to make a left turn right in front of me. With too little distance to brake, my only option was to swerve left and try to pass the truck on his right. The tires were barely up to the task, leaving me with the feeling that we would make it, but not as easy as I thought we should have.

Fortunately, the truck realized his error and corrected, so we were able to pass him normally. But I will probably go back to Continental when it's time for new tires.

39 lb force is quite a lot for passenger wheel/tire combo.
22 is not low.

IMHO.

Krzyś

PS I would be asking for remounting/replacement for 39 one.
I now have about 12,000 miles on them, and just did a rotation, putting the 2 worst tires on the front. They seem to have balanced themselves out, because they actually ride fine, with no vibrations until you hit around 95 mph (obviously that means no problems for daily driving). They are wearing perfectly, with two still showing the 80% tread indicator, and 2 just wore that off. My Jaguar wears down the rear tires more than the front.

I have also driven them through 4 deep snow, and mixed slush/slippery stuff, and they did pretty good for all-season. A tad better than I expected, but obviously not as well as the WR G4 did. So far so good!

I have a set of Nokian One tires on my E350. The owner of a local tire store sold me on them. This is my first set of Nokian. I usually drive on Continental or Michelin, with Bridgestone for winter tires on my wife's Outback.

For the most part I've been satisfied with the One tires, but I wouldn't say they are all that the tire store owner sold me on. Only a few months after installing the One tires, I had an experience that made me wish I was back on a set of Continentals.

While on an open stretch of road in central Utah, I had a Super Duty pulling a stock trailer start to make a left turn right in front of me. With too little distance to brake, my only option was to swerve left and try to pass the truck on his right. The tires were barely up to the task, leaving me with the feeling that we would make it, but not as easy as I thought we should have.

Fortunately, the truck realized his error and corrected, so we were able to pass him normally. But I will probably go back to Continental when it's time for new tires.
Happy you are OK and it turned out well. As noted in my post, these are Touring tires and will not handle as nice especially in an emergency situation as Performance or even Ultra Performance tires. There is always a tradeoff. Long wearing, smoother over bumpy roads, and quiet or better handling with better response, but less milage warranty and more noise. I had Pilot Sports which were great tires, but you felt every bump and ripple and where not super quiet. Pilots were Ultra Performance tires with a 40K warranty. Handled really well though. Totally different market category than the Nokian's.

Their R2 are last Nokian tires I bought. Actually I don’t want anyone parking in my driveway on Nokian.
I had three of their winter tires through years, always thinking: ok, maybe they got better, but nope.
So, not sure about that winter tyre argument.
You really don't like Nokian. 10 pages of posts when you search Nokian and your screen name? Yep. They didn't work on your Tiguan.

NO 3 peak , or M&S stamp?

Cant even get by first level chain control even with 4wd/awd.

Hence the question.

I couldn't find this, I look on their site and didnt see it.

So I cant get by chain control
M+S rated on a V rated tire. Once again, they are touring tires so if someone is expecting Ultra Performance tires they will be disappointed. As a Grand Touring tire they are pretty dang nice. I

Attachments

• IMG-3125.jpg
    IMG-3125.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 37
M+S rated on a V rated tire. Once again, they are touring tires so if someone is expecting Ultra Performance tires they will be disappointed. As a Grand Touring tire they are pretty dang nice. I

I'm looking for an all season to replace my aging Destination le2's.

M&S/ 3PM is a must for me. I hit base level chain control often in the winter.

I'm looking for an all season to replace my aging Destination le2's.

M&S/ 3PM is a must for me. I hit base level chain control often in the winter.
M+S only. Not 3PM. Have to go to the WR G4 or better for the Peak.

Back