No more Meijer batteries!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'll have to start getting my East Penn batteries somewhere else! I hope the ones I have all make it through the warranty period...
spankme2.gif

Did Meijer sell batteries ? We don't go there like we used to (not located as conveniently to us as before we moved) but I don't remember seeing them.

Take a pocket multimeter. If they've maintained it at near 12.6V you might have just had bad luck last time.

Usually the determining factor about whether a superstore sells batteries is whether they have an automotive service department, doing brakes and tires and such.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Looks like I'll have to start getting my East Penn batteries somewhere else!

At United Rentals nationwide we get the choice of carrying east penn or interstate. I carry east penn at my branch, and any one of our branches should be able to order Genuine dekas in for you, might not always have your size in stock if it doesn't fit our equipment but we can get it.

CarQuest franchise and NAPA and Walmart around me all carry East Penn batteries/DEKA.

You can email this guy at Deka. He answered questions for me.

If they want people to but their batteries they need to make it easy to find them.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Donald
If they want people to but their batteries they need to make it easy to find them.
Unless they build "DEKA Battery Stores", they have little say-so in availability. Walmart, NAPA, Joe's Batteries, and so on decide what they'll carry, not the other way around. If I use their "Where to buy" tool, they list one location in SW Ohio, one in Indianapolis, and one in Louisville KY. But there's a battery supplier 4.5 miles away from me that is an East Penn dealer. I wouldn't know this from East Penn's website though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back