Nissan VQ35DD engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTK

My question is in regards to the direct injection system on this engine. Nissan refers to the system as DIG "direct injected gasoline". I know this version of the VQ35 came out around 2017 and is found in all Pathfinders and Muranos for 2017+, plus I believe some VQ35 powered Nissan cars.

What I haven't been able to determine is if this engine has a means to inject fuel upstream of the intake valves like some have been designed to do to keep the intake valves clean(er). Both DI and port injected of sorts.

I've poked around the engine bay of my 2019 Pathfinder with the VQ35DD and I can see the hard piping for high pressure fuel getting routed under the plastic upper intake, but I can't see any low pressure port injection.

Little/no info online on this engine that I could find. Figured here would be the best bet.

Found this on the net. Looking at their designations, it does not appear to be a dual-injected engine like the newer EcoBoosts with injectors in the head and manifold as well. In my Nissan-uneducated guess, I would imagine it would have to be a VQ35DED using the below chart to be what you were hoping for:

Originally Posted by Engine-specs.net
Nissan Motors uses a straightforward method of naming its gasoline automobile engines.

1 or 2 letters Engine family
2 digits Displacement in deciliters

Camshaft
none- SOHC*
D- DOHC
V- VVL (Variable Valve Lift)

Fuel delivery
i- Throttle Body Fuel Injection
E- Electronic Port Fuel Injection
D- Direct Cylinder Fuel Injection
N- Natural gas fueled
P- LPG fueled

For old engines:
S- Carburetor
T- Twin carburetor

Power adder
R- Supercharged
T- Turbocharged
Ti- Turbocharged and intercooled
TT- Twin-Turbocharged

2nd power adder
R- Supercharged
T- Turbocharged
Ti- Turbocharged and intercooled
TT- Twin-Turbocharged

Special
HR- High Response and High Revolution
K- Improvement

That could get to be quite a mouthful if this was used for a Volvo engine- you'd get something like VQ35DDRTTHR
lol.gif
lol.gif

Thanks guys. I did read that article from Nissan when I researched this. I just didn't know if it was overly simplified marketing fluff and not the full story.

Wishful thinking on my part that it has some form of a dual system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back