Nissan NS-3 CVT Fluid

Planning on doing a transmission pan drop & cleaning the magnets on our 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport when the factory warranty expires. (Not planning on replacing the strainer but may replace the small external filter depending on what I see in the pan.) I recently used Idemitsu LTS-LV on my daughter's Rav4 and was very pleased w/the results over the Toyota WS fluid. So I looked into alternative fluids for the Nissan NS-3. According to this document as far as I can tell, Nissan NS-3 is Idemitsu N3. (http://www.findmymsds.com/nissan/pdfs/99998-CVTNS3-E.PDF I just ordered some from Napa on line for $9+ on sale/quart. I hope I'm not mistaken in my assumption. It sure is a great savings over the Nissan NS-3 fluid on line and @ the dealer. This is what I'll be using in our CVT unless convinced otherwise. Hope this helps....

Reactions: JTK
I have been running Eneos CVT fluid in my car for the past 30,000 miles. It has been very, very good. It also covers NS-3. I did my first drain and refill at 283,500 miles. Though I guess I would not recommend that for everyone else.

Reactions: JTK
it seems most Japan CVT fluid manufacturer has specific fluid for NS-3 which has low viscosity compared to NS-2. The other common trend is that they all use 4L tin cans.

I am sure there are many more.

Idemitsu CVT fluid has the closest spec to NS-3 as the VOA from the russian forum (attached).
The russian website also did a Mitsubishi J4 fluid VOA and it is almost identical to NS-3.

I looked up ebay and the OEM Nissan NS-3 fluid I can buy is in 4L tin can sold by local vendor but it is from Japan. USD$51
The cheapest NIssan NS-3 is in Malaysia at 4Liter under USD$29, followed by Singapore.

With the size of the USA market that means importing OEM nissan NS-3 from japan and sell online should be a lucrative business. Any takers?
The fact that retail cost $29 in Malaysia means the Japan Freight on Board price is substantially lower.
Is it still possible with Trump's buy American policy?

Attachments

• Nissan CVT NS-3 (VOA BASE).pdf
    997.9 KB · Views: 413
I will say Aisin is good too. I have been using Aisin NS-2 on my 2014 Nissan Maxima since 60k miles until now with almost 200k miles. I always change the CVT fluid every 30k miles, and the car is running super smooth like new until now. Aisin NS2/3 can go for like $8 or $9 on eBay.

Back