ACDelco CVT Fluid #19260800 = Nissan NS-2?

I am working on a 2014 Chevy Spark that is equipped with the Jatco CVT7 transmission. GM Service Information recommends using a "green fluid," which is ACDelco #19260800. The used fluid in the car looks and smells like Nissan NS-2.

From my research, I believe the Jatco CVT7 is also identified as the "RE0F11A" and the "Jatco JF015E" transmission. Nissan used this transmission in the 2013-16 Sentra and the 2012-13 Versa. Depending on the model year, Nissan specified either NS-2 (green) or NS-3 (lower viscosity and blue color). I do recognize that fluid recommendations are dependent upon programming, materials and application.

Based on the information I found, my best guess is that ACDelco 19260800 is rebottled Nissan NS-2. I don't think GM had a custom made fluid for this application, but I could be wrong.

Thoughts?

Based on the year alignment and transmission manufacturer, it seems to make sense. They can't make that many different fluid blends, can they?
I have used the Valvoline fluid in a 90K 2015 Altima (Hertz car sales) with great results.

It probably is, but Valvoline and Castrol will also work good too and cost much less
smile.gif

Based on my research prior to doing the CVT service on my 13 Maxima, I found a msds for NS-2, it is made by Pennzoil. The Pennzoil CVT-2 I got from my local Pennzoil distributor is green just like the oem fluid, all same properties. In other countries, it would be made by other licensed oil formulators.

For a customer's vehicle that's still under manufacturer's warranty, I'd use the GM juice regardless.

If the vehicle was mine? I'd absolutely use an NS-2 or "suitable" green juice if still under warranty.

Out of warranty I'd use a readily available "suitable for use" fluid, any color.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by The Critic
I am working on a 2014 Chevy Spark that is equipped with the Jatco CVT7 transmission. GM Service Information recommends using a "green fluid," which is ACDelco #19260800. The used fluid in the car looks and smells like Nissan NS-2.

From my research, I believe the Jatco CVT7 is also identified as the "RE0F11A" and the "Jatco JF015E" transmission. Nissan used this transmission in the 2013-16 Sentra and the 2012-13 Versa. Depending on the model year, Nissan specified either NS-2 (green) or NS-3 (lower viscosity and blue color). I do recognize that fluid recommendations are dependent upon programming, materials and application.

Based on the information I found, my best guess is that ACDelco 19260800 is rebottled Nissan NS-2. I don't think GM had a custom made fluid for this application, but I could be wrong.

Thoughts?

I think NS-1 through NS-3 fluids are all ~ 8 cSt fluids. From my observations, the dye shows a bluish-greenish color depending on blender.

I use a blue-green dye (blue dominating) for Nissan NS-3 CVT formulations and an amber dye for all others.

From a quick search
Two identical vehicles
2018 Nissan NV200 uses NS-3.
2015 and 2018 Chevy City Express uses Delco 19260800 or in Canada 19299096
So 19260800 should be NS-3

From Nissan forums
"Referring to the Nissan Altima, NS2 is used in the 2007 - 2012 series, NS3 is used in the 2013 and newer series because the CVT was redesigned"
"the 4 gen uses the NS-2. the new cvt is designed for less friction and uses the new NS-3 which is designed for that purpose. im not sure id risk trying it. its not like putting DOT 4 brake fluid in a Dot 3 brake system."

Also NS2 NS3 comment https://www.drive2.com/l/5494677/

Originally Posted by thrace
From a quick search
Two identical vehicles
2018 Nissan NV200 uses NS-3.
2015 and 2018 Chevy City Express uses Delco 19260800 or in Canada 19299096
So 19260800 should be NS-3

From Nissan forums
"Referring to the Nissan Altima, NS2 is used in the 2007 - 2012 series, NS3 is used in the 2013 and newer series because the CVT was redesigned"
"the 4 gen uses the NS-2. the new cvt is designed for less friction and uses the new NS-3 which is designed for that purpose. im not sure id risk trying it. its not like putting DOT 4 brake fluid in a Dot 3 brake system."

Also NS2 NS3 comment https://www.drive2.com/l/5494677/

You raise some good points. However, the 12-13 Versa uses the same transmission and it specs NS-2. So, I wonder if the reason for the fluid change is programming driven? GM literature does say that their fluid is "green," so I am inclined to believe that it is NS-2.

Fluid doesn't look bad on the paper towel test!

I know the NS-3 out of my Quest at 32K miles looked about like that on a white cloth, but in a glass jar, it looked black. Couldn't see light through it, where the new fluid is blue and you can (mostly) see through it like w/s washer fluid.

Aisin ATF-NS2 (Green)
Chevy Spark 2014-2017 CVT Equipped

Chrysler P# 08886-81015
GM P# 19260800
ACDelco P# 10-4092
Nissan Infiniti P# 999MP-NS200P

I bought a Honda Accord back in '15. And as I recall Nissan was having some serious issues with their CVT. I'm not recommending anything....but personally I would go oem fluid in a dodgy trans unles there was a clear winner. A more robust trans- I wouldn't worry. BTW I went stick and it has it's own cold weather oil issues.

Back