Nissan 15208 9E01A oil filter

I have a 2019 Nissan Frontier with the 4.0 V6 engine. I was looking for the specs for 15208 9E01A oil filter which I could not find. Seems here it is believed to be a good filter. Anyway during my search this filter is also used on the R35GTR and 370Z. I just find it odd same filter for the truck and on their sport cars. I thought the cars would have had a "more performance" type filter. While under warranty I will stick to the 5k oil and filter change. I find the 5k change a waste of oil and filter. Still deciding on a 5k filter besides nissan in the $4 to $6 range. Once warranty is over I will go extend to 7k oil changes and 14k filter changes either fram ultra or wix xp.

Use Fram TG or regular Wix smile I know Nissan likes the shorty filters, but longer ones usually fit. Fram TG7317 or Wix 57356

Originally Posted by passgas55
I have a 2019 Nissan Frontier with the 4.0 V6 engine. I was looking for the specs for 15208 9E01A oil filter which I could not find. Seems here it is believed to be a good filter. Anyway during my search this filter is also used on the R35GTR and 370Z. I just find it odd same filter for the truck and on their sport cars. I thought the cars would have had a "more performance" type filter.
Not sure that there's any such thing as a "performance" oil filter. Nissan/Infiniti uses (2) filters across their entire model line-up. As a general rule, anything 4.0L V6 or larger uses the 9E01A filter and everything else uses the 65Fxx filter. The filters actually have the same thread and gasket ID/OD so you can interchange them. The only issue might be the "length" of the 9E filter and it not fitting. My Infiniti G35 specs the smaller 65Fxx filter but I have the room for the larger filter.

Just a note since I've used these filters. They are Gonher Mexico. Maybe Grupo Gonher online has some spec. Also make note that most all Asian cars use the same filter - except Toyota is different. So, Nissan, Infiniti, Honda, Subaru, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Kia, Hyundai etc.use the same: base plate, gasket ,thread. with minor can length and diameter variations. Some MFG spec a higher bypass than others They seem to be well made I can cut one for you if you want but I'm sure there are pictures online. I used them and the TG and the Honda on my Nissan Rogue Select QR25DE.

passgas55

ARCOgraphite No need to cut one open. I have seen a few pics and they do look well made. I just do not want to order online and the dealers around here are not cheap.Since I have to do 5K oil /filter changes I may go with the fram TG or WIX which I can get locally. It will be changed every 3 to 4 months.May buy the NAPA Gold when on sale. I am used to 10k oil/filter changes I had before . I don't know why Nissan wants 5K changes in a ported engine. My oil will be Havoline Pro DS.syn.