Nissan 15208-31U1B filter cut open

JTK

I did an oil change on my 2022 Frontier yesterday. I bought my Frontier used in October with ~2300 miles on it and changed the oil at 5300 miles because even though the dealer documented they changed the oil before I took delivery, It was hard for me to tell they actually did. I mention this because this could be the factory filter, or it could be dealer installed. It could have 5300 miles on it or 3000.

This made in Japan, Mahle filter is decently constructed, but is nothing special. I personally would not go out of my way or pay a premium for this filter. The only anomaly I found was the crimp for the pleats (the orange-yellowish area in the second pic) was very brittle and crumbled if you flexed it. It had a black, I assume rubber ADBV.

Vz4WfdNl.jpg

0619STYl.jpg

cHc7BcUl.jpg

BUej6Gjl.jpg

I did an oil change on my 2022 Frontier yesterday. I bought my Frontier used in October with ~2300 miles on it and changed the oil at 5300 miles because even though the dealer documented they changed the oil before I took delivery, It was hard for me to tell they actually did. I mention this because this could be the factory filter, or it could be dealer installed. It could have 5300 miles on it or 3000.

This made in Japan, Mahle filter is decently constructed, but is nothing special. I personally would not go out of my way or pay a premium for this filter. The only anomaly I found was the crimp for the pleats (the orange-yellowish area in the second pic) was very brittle and crumbled if you flexed it. It had a black, I assume rubber ADBV.

Vz4WfdNl.jpg

0619STYl.jpg

cHc7BcUl.jpg

BUej6Gjl.jpg

Looks good. What oil and filter back in and on?

Thank You

Reactions: JTK
I used Castrol GTX full synthetic 0w20 and a Champ XL filter.

I got a three 5qt jug deal through Walmart for $63.02 a few weeks back and I think the Champ XLs wound up being around $5/ea shipped through Rock Auto.

Very good sir. Thank You

Reactions: JTK
Looks much better than the made in Mexico Gonher made Nissan oem. Those have an adbv design defect that allows it to slide down the center tube outlet flange, rendering the adbv useless, and worse, opening an oil bypass area. Several of them with the defect have been posted including one I c&p here.

This one looks ok to me.

Back