Nippon 9E000 for Nissan (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the pics of the Nissan OEM 9E000s going to cardboard endcaps, I decided to cut open one of my used Nippon filters.

I am very happy with the construction. The can is as thick, if not thicker than a Wix. There is a coil spring instead of the leaf, and the element is packed with nice, thick media.

I guess I may stick with these if I can keep getting them for a good price!

BTW - These are made in Mylasia, and seem to be top quality
grin.gif

Pics:
New filter with box
 -

-

-

-

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Looks like a very well built filter, how much do these go for ?

I bought the last few for $5.00 each, which is right inline with Wix.

BTW - Does anyone know what's up with the Purolator version of this filter? The center tube doesn't even go all the way to the top. You can see about 1/2" of media? Sorry, off topic some!

Brian

quote:

Does anyone know what's up with the Purolator version of this filter? The center tube doesn't even go all the way to the top.

The same goes for the Purolator L-14610 for Hondas, it also has a short center tube.
dunno.gif
confused.gif

When I emailed Purolator and asked about the center tube, they replied and said.....It does NOT affect the performance of the filter in any way, nor does it increase the chance the center tube will collapse.

Looks like a quality filter. Where did you source these from? I don't know if I will be going to Wix also.

wow!! i have several of these filters and after seeing this i think ill buy more...thanks for cutting one open so i dont have to...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back