Nice surprise in my tire this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out to do some errands this morning in the Focus. Nice seeing 10psi in a tire ;(. This is what I pulled out of the tire. Patched tire, life is good;)

2lcsdhc.jpg

Yeah good call checking your tires man. My stupid tpms is jacked up.. Ohh well. I'm not paying $80 to fix a bad sensor because you have to replace all four. It doesn't isolate which one is fouled up. Triffling. By the way.. I thought that was a slug at first.
smile.gif

I had a 16 psi tire a month and a half ago.. Doggone valve stem got loose. Tightened it up and it was good to go.

Guys and Simple_gifts; it was from my aunts granddaughters idi*t b.f. I parked in front of aunts garage where said person is working on a rusty, not cared for 89' Honda of whatever make. Aunt said use the trash can in garage; he throws carp out in parking area in front of garage. Oh well; I fixed it myself FREE

BTW, metal piece was from this kids fender as the color matches/d and has grind marks on both ends. Aunt said she will MAKE him pay me for going rate for a tire repair in our area. I am guessing $25 give or take;)

I went commando. I've had cars for over 20 yes without a tpms.... So what's the big deal if this darn thing is not right?? Just look at times and use tire gauge if it clearly isn't right. Old school way. Old school still is tried and true way. I may well fix it at some point. But good gracious... $80 maybe what it would take to fix or turn off light just not worth it. Though I have learned there are I eternal parts that can be replaced that are no where near that expensive. So, that may be a reasonable avenue to fix it. We will see
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I went commando. I've had cars for over 20 yes without a tpms.... So what's the big deal if this darn thing is not right?? Just look at times and use tire gauge if it clearly isn't right. Old school way. Old school still is tried and true way. I may well fix it at some point. But good gracious... $80 maybe what it would take to fix or turn off light just not worth it. Though I have learned there are I eternal parts that can be replaced that are no where near that expensive. So, that may be a reasonable avenue to fix it. We will see
smile.gif

I would think there would be a scan tool to identify which one is the bad one so you don't have to replace all 4.

If you are going to post a picture of something like that, you really need to include a ruler, coin, or something else we can use as a size reference. I have no idea if it's an inch long, or 4 inches long.

I wish I knew what I'd hit with a tire on the Jeep the other day, but it didn't stick in the tire. Left a kinda nasty looking, relatively fast leaking puncture (happened on my way home from somewhere, 20 minutes after I got home it was down to 8 psi from 40). Really ticked me off, as my summer tires only have ~3300 miles on them and now I've got my offroad setup on the Jeep while I'm waiting for a new tire to arrive (and then measure tread depth to see if I need 2 new tires).

The damage was definitely patch-able, but with how hard I use the Jeep, I don't feel comfortable running a patched tire on it, considering a puncture through the tread damages the cap ply on the tires and kills its speed rating. Patches aren't the biggest fan of heat either, and the last thing I need is a tire failure when towing at 65mph in hot weather. Plus, I don't know how low the tire got on my drive back home, so I'd worry about internal sidewall damage (not low enough to feel it, I didn't know anything was wrong until I'd been home for a few minutes and walked back outside).

And the worst part is, out of all of the stupid places I've taken the thing, I've never had an issue. But run a quick errand on fairly clean roads and I trash a tire...

Originally Posted By: car51
Yep, even though the car has TPMS, I check my tires daily

I don't trust the TPMS on my car. When the tires got slashed and there were two flat tires, it took a few cycles for it to realize there was a low tire.

yep, some of us do.

TPMS varies wildly by manufacturer. Mine is dirt simple. Move a tire and the system requires nothing of you. It locates them automatically so it can put them up in the EVIC display with a nice graphic.

If the pressure drops over 6 psi below spec they go off even if stationary.

Finally, the car was purchased in August of 05 and has never required a battery or nuttin'. I have put seals in when changing tires...

Thanks for the info SteveSRT8. Mine is simple also and I find it easy to check my psi. I like TPMS also, just amazes me how some people can say "is my tire too low?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back