NGK Plug Date codes.

I've found references online that the 4 digit alpha numeric code stamped on the hex of NGK made plugs is supposed to be the build date but I can't find out hot to decode it, I have some plugs that are stamped M78K and some that are stamped M82P that I've removed from vehicles and I was curious to know approximately when they were manufactured to give me an idea if the plugs in the cars were ever replaced or if they were the original factory plugs. Does anyone know how to decode these date codes?

I remember seeing a YouTube video on how to decode it and the guy showing a chart but I can’t remember what channel it was. It’s been a little since I seen it otherwise I could find it in my watched history.

I remember seeing a YouTube video on how to decode it and the guy showing a chart but I can’t remember what channel it was. It’s been a little since I seen it otherwise I could find it in my watched history.
If it's gonna take a long time to find it don't worry about it, I sent an email to NGK, I figure it may take a few days to get a response, but they seem to be pretty forthcoming to inquiries.

If it's gonna take a long time to find it don't worry about it, I sent an email to NGK, I figure it may take a few days to get a response, but they seem to be pretty forthcoming to inquiries.
Yep if they do reply let us know here cause I want to remember how to do it lol.

Back