Next New Oil You Will Try ?

New? not much still have about 20 jugs of Rotella gas truck, and 10 PP

Might throw some motul 5w40 in the Home deere 316 it uses and leaks no oil

I'm down to 1 jug of 15w40 for the deere 850 and 5qts havoline 20w50.. that I'm saving for the oil burner 316 at the Cabin.1oz/hour burn rate Almost mosquito fogger. Engine has massive hours on it. hour meter broke at 5000 8 years ago iirc. And it was plenty of knee/thigh high field and trail mowing.
This may be what you need. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chevron-Havoline-Motor-Oil-10W-40-6-Quart-Smart-Change-Box/855277584

I would love to hear more about what they said. Like I said GW is new to me, but I'm looking forward too trying their 10W30.

They seem to have got SP rated before many of the other brands here in Oz.
Call their tech line. Very amenable to a chat

Reactions: SR5
Nulon 5W30 Long-Life full synthetic (Dexos1-Gen2)

A well respected Aussie brand, that is often on sale at a good price.

I've been planning on trying it for ages, and I finally got to use some yesterday when I did an oil change with it.
Nulon is quality. Don't care what some think but all the Nulon oils I've tried have been impressive in performance, smoothness, cleansing power & longevity. The Nulon 5w30 (ILSAC) done very well on my personal freeze test.

Redline fan here following 55k of use. Just ordered some Maxima 530 for the LS3 because it was less $ than Redline. I like the whole triple Ester thing, but we’ll see.
88394A6E-8ECE-49FC-B9E5-3C6215C75CD9.jpeg

Last edited:
The one that's under my price point of $20 a Jug and full synthetic!
That's why I luckily hit GOLD on the thread where Amazon Basics Full Synthetic 0W-40 was $6.72 for a 5 quart jug On Amazon!! I WAS skeptical, yes, but persistence. I got 4 jugs at $6.72, then one single jug at $6.72 lol.. then 5 more about a week later at $6.73 per jug.

So then. The next oil I will be trying is.. Amazon Basics 0W-40. Maybe mixed with some QS FS 5W-40... Maybe.

Screenshot_20230103-085550_Chrome.jpg

I use Valvoline 5w30EP in my truck. When it's out of warranty I will use the New Mobil 0w40 SP.
Then I will have one oil for everything.
Only thing that will get something different is my tractor. That gets Amsoil 15w40 signature series.

That's why I luckily hit GOLD on the thread where Amazon Basics Full Synthetic 0W-40 was $6.72 for a 5 quart jug On Amazon!! I WAS skeptical, yes, but persistence. I got 4 jugs at $6.72, then one single jug at $6.72 lol.. then 5 more about a week later at $6.73 per jug.

So then. The next oil I will be trying is.. Amazon Basics 0W-40. Maybe mixed with some QS FS 5W-40... Maybe.

View attachment 133772
Holy schniz

What is the next new oil you will try and why ? ... For me , M1 Truck & SUV 5W30 synthetic because it has 10% ~ 15% more detergents and anti-wear agents than regular M1 . If I can't find that , then Valvoline 5W30 EP is on deck.

Whichever is cheapest

Back