Next New Oil You Will Try ?

Since we showing off the stashes. Pales compared to atikovi

Attachments

• 9E3B5457-E1CF-4C38-BE5C-77BED54C98B4.jpeg
    9E3B5457-E1CF-4C38-BE5C-77BED54C98B4.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 128
Does anyone make an additive for synthetic motor oil, that contains the, "seal swelling stuff" that's in high mileage oil? Or is it something in the additive package when they manufacture the oil, that you can't add more of?

When the time comes and my small stash of Mobil 1 0w40 and ESP 5w30 are done I will go with HPL. I have one car that is still breaking in and that will take some time at 100 miles a week max.

I've been looking at pour point, CCS, MRV, and viscosity numbers for 5W30 and 5W30 HM oils for our cars. Since we live in an area that has approached -20 the past two winters, but has hot, muggy summers that can hit 100+ degrees, I've been looking at oil options for summer vs winter. Two of our vehicles are driven low enough miles where it makes sense to split the oil changes to line up with the seasons. Oils that I've never tried that look good on paper are QS FS HM, Pennzoil Platinum HM, and PUP. The two HM oils for our 03 Civic and 06 Infiniti M45. PUP for the 18 CRV.

edit: forgot to mention Quaker State Full Synthetic 5W30 (not the HM version). The QS oils all look very good on paper and have the lowest price as well.

Last edited:
In the UK so my choices are a bit different.

I'd love to try one of HPL's oils in my Wife's Dacia Logan 1.5DCi with 108k on the clock or our 26 year old LR Defender with 88k on the clock. However, getting them over here is very costly.

I'm currently in the market for my next buy. I usually purchase 20 litres at a time. Usually this oil is an ACEA C3 oil that carries Porsche A40. Viscosity is generally unimportant in my climate with those specifications. Looking at what's out there currently, it's likely to be Valvoline SynPower MST C3 5W-40. I can currently pick it up at £113 for 20 litres.

Alternatively, I may consider going down the HDEO route. Mobil Delvac MX ESP 15w40 is currently available for around the same price.

I am considering trying Mobil1 5w50 in the Defender on it's next fill. I've only every run *w30's and *w40's in it and never noticed any difference. Would like to see if I can notice any differences running a 50 weight.

Does anyone make an additive for synthetic motor oil, that contains the, "seal swelling stuff" that's in high mileage oil? Or is it something in the additive package when they manufacture the oil, that you can't add more of?
I think Lubeguard makes a seal conditioning product? Why not just run an HM oil though?

M1 EP 0w20 / Valvoline EP 0w20 / QS FS 0w20 under new Dexos1 Gen3 license
Wally world still have ton of Gen2 oil on shelf. The only Gen3 oil they have is M1 AFE.

The new Havoline Pro RS is intriguing. If, during the next year a sale or rebate comes up this would be one I would like to try. Even at $33.xx for six quarts it’s not much more than the going rate for other oils right now.

Back