New User / RS3 Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low/mid saps oils are all ACEA C3 + additional OEM demands (BMW, MB, VW, Porsche)

And the same goes for Full saps...base is ACEA A3/B4 +additional OEM demands...

Originally Posted by Kamele0N
Low/mid saps oils are all ACEA C3 + additional OEM demands (BMW, MB, VW, Porsche)

And the same goes for Full saps...base is ACEA A3/B4 +additional OEM demands...

Some more than others though, right?

Every OEM demand has its candys...

Where I live we already have sulphur free fuels...so I am not bothered with a drop of TBN over my OCI...

If I want best for my diesel...I just have to buy any vw504/507 oil...it cant go bether then that...

For a gasser...MB 229.5 or BMW LL-01...usually they oth come as a combo...

Had gassers before...non had any troubles regarding TWC because of full saps oil...

Originally Posted by RSKYBET
Originally Posted by edyvw
Sure, there are good 504 oils, or were (Mobil1 ESP 5W30 was probably best)

Why do you say were/was with regard to M1 ESP? Is it being discontinued?

Yes, it is now GTL based and does not look as good as before.
It does have Mb229.52 (just slight more stringent than .51 when it comes to oxidation, but not as LL04 in that aspect).
Someone mentioned VW504.00/507.00. That spec. is best from wear stand point, but not as good when it comes to deposits and oxidation as MB229.51/52 or LL04. That is why one should always go for oils that meet all those specifications.

Originally Posted by d00df00d
it's from FCP Euro so you get free oil for life after the first purchase.

Wait, what?

Edit: I just looked at their site and found this - "The only exclusion to this program is empty containers with contents that can not be physically returned
For example aerosol spray cleaners and additives that have been discharged or emptied"

So do you send back used oil in the containers or are you just pulling my leg?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by edyvw
That is why one should always go for oils that meet all those specifications.

Tnx for that info... I always tought that vw504/507 is the most stringest one...but nontheless...when you buy that oil here...it almost always comes with a "holly trinity" a.k.a vw-mb-bmw combo
smile.gif

Can you even buy vw only oil lets say in walmart?

Wait, what?

Edit: I just looked at their site and found this - "The only exclusion to this program is empty containers with contents that can not be physically returned
For example aerosol spray cleaners and additives that have been discharged or emptied"

There are FAQs and videos about it. Check it out. :]

I don't believe Walmart carries any 504/507 approved oils. Closest you'll get is Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5W-30, which is LL-04, 229.51, Dexos2 approved.

Wait, what?

Ya. You send back the used oil you purchased from them along with proof of purchase. Of course you have to ask yourself how much would it cost you in terms of packaging and freight to ship it back to them. For example for me it would cost $65 to buy an oil change kit (Filter + Oil) from FCP (shipping is free). It would probably cost me about $45 to buy a new filter myself and ship the used oil to FCP for a credit on the purchase of new oil. Depending on the containers I used to ship the used oil it could cost me $60+

For you the cost you be about $55 (shipping included) for an oil change kit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46

I don't believe Walmart carries any 504/507 approved oils. Closest you'll get is Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5W-30, which is LL-04, 229.51, Dexos2 approved.

You're right, they don't. Not even on the website for ship to store/home that I can find.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
You're right, they don't. Not even on the website for ship to store/home that I can find.

I imagine that will change with time as more cars are spec'ing 504/507. M1 and Pennzoil both have oils they could stock.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

Wait, what?

Ya. You send back the used oil you purchased from them along with proof of purchase. Of course you have to ask yourself how much would it cost you in terms of packaging and freight to ship it back to them. For example for me it would cost $65 to buy an oil change kit (Filter + Oil) from FCP (shipping is free). It would probably cost me about $45 to buy a new filter myself and ship the used oil to FCP for a credit on the purchase of new oil. Depending on the containers I used to ship the used oil it could cost me $60+

For you the cost you be about $55 (shipping included) for an oil change kit.

FCP Euro sells filters, too, so you can do the free exchange with those as well. Shouldn't add much if anything to shipping costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back